Used 2000 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

2000 Crew cab XE, automatic
By spy77

2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

I use to be a Chevy guy, but Nissan knows how to build cars and trucks. Being my third Nissan, the Frontier is a overall really good truck. The V6 engine could use a little more power, but it gets the job done. It's now at 98,000 miles and still runs like new. I did have to replace the exhaust manifolds due to cracks, and the battery died after the 6th year. I do all the repairs myself, so it hasn't cost me much. I am now planning on replacing the timing belt, water pump and hoses. I have already replaced the O2's plugs, wires, cap and rotor along with the drive belts, since I am a strong believer in preventive maintenance. Truck has proven to be highly reliable and still performs like new.

Plush fabric interior, NOT all plastic interior like most cars and trucks, high clearance, smooth performing V6 engine and great for towing.

V6 engine could use more power. Back seating could use more room for adults, but fine for kids.

In Love even after 200,000-Xlint
By ER

2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

Wow. First of the yellow ones off the line in 1999, Bought with 6k mi for $17,000. Now have 200k. First 100k, this truck's ride was rock solid without ANY unscheduled repair - amazing. My American trucks prior never did this. Even at 150k, this truck rode like a car - nice. Now the poor thing is a clunker-cant fix suspension. But it starts every morning, most reliable. Our S420 Mercedes was completely falling apart (interior especially) after 100k, long sold. Frontier hangs on-no broken interior parts even though parts are thin. 6 yrs of 2 kids in back have left no broken features. People ask if the yellow paint is new every time I wash (rare) and I haven't waxed in years. Amazing performance

Durability-I've beat on it for sure (offroad like demon) and still runs great. not one broken part, great suspension, allowed 80k on first tires. Best paint. Ride- was amazing. Looks-I never grow tired. Even my wife liked driving this. I now am looking at the nice 2005 same models.

Would love 24mpg, not going to happen, gets 18mpg (still and always). Back seat is for very small people-road trip hurts, but it fit the kids/car seats ok. Seats still bad but not worse than when new. Sluggish on highway. Needed locking differential few times.

Great Truck
By Billy

2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

I'll start off by saying that my Frontier has over 175,000 miles on it. I bought it brand new in '00 with 10 miles on it. It is now one of my work trucks. What a fantastic truck it has been. Not the most powerful, doesn't get great gas mileage, isn't the roomiest, but damn, this thing is reliable. Other then tires, oil, and brake pads, I've only replaced the timing belt at 120k miles, and one A/C hose at 160k miles. I highly recommened this truck for people who need a good used, long lasting, dependable truck at a great price on the used truck market. By the way, mine was not babied at all. It pulls a heavy work trailer on a regular basis, and only gets the oil changed about every 10k miles.

Reliabilty. Very low cost of ownership. Not bad looking either.

I wish Nissan would import the diesel powered ones here.

I love this car
By Love It!

2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

This is the first car I purchased on my own. While in college I took it to Mexico on surf trips and offroading. I have never had a problem. Other than routine maintenance, I've never had to do any additional service. I have one child and another in the way and while it is turning out to be a little too small, I refuse to give it up. It just has been that good of a car to me.

4x4, looks, everything.

The back seat definitely does not fit 3 adults. At best one adult and a child.

7 Year Update
By kd7oqc

2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

This is an update of my post 3/21/02. I've kept up on the maintenance. Nothing has broken, unless I have bent or smashed it. ABS doesn't work when you are going backwards down a snow covered hill. K&N air filter helped mileage. Still getting 18.5 average and 20+ on trips. Still no squeaks or rattles, though it sees a fair amount of logging roads. The regulator on the left rear window went out Feb 06 / 88,500 miles. Extended warranty covered it, otherwise it would have been $300. Quoted just under $900, to change the timing belt, seals, water pump, belts and hoses at 105k. It doesn't need hoses or a water pump, but since they are tearing into it, I won't have to worry for another 100k miles.

Smooth ride. Comfortable seats. Great off road ability, ABS, the engine behaves well no matter what the weather.

Better gas mileage. Cost of gas stinks. I may be the only one, but I would prefer a bench seat up front, and a column shifter. The center console leaves me feeling a little claustrophobic, but I guess even the full size trucks are going to this layout.