2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Very Solid Crewcab 4x4 Mountain Truck!
By peijae on 03/26/14 23:57 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab SB

I am person that has had over 35 cars since the age of 16, partially from hobby and partly for experience. The best vehicle I had owned was the 2008 Tacoma, but had to get out of heavy payments and let it go. Since then I always wished from at least a small truck bed after a few SUVs. Living in the mountains of Colorado, I need plenty of power, decent fuel economy, passenger room and real 4x4 utility. Not the easiest combo to find. I ended up getting a Frontier and it is truly one excellent mountain truck. Lifted, built, 33's, 5 speed, headers and intake: Excellent power up and down hills, 15-22 mpg, and very capable off road. I like it as much as my old 2008 Toyota Tacoma. A 200k keeper.

Frontier 4X4 Crew Cab 2000
By sleeksteel on 10/18/11 14:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

Extraordinary performance and quality. The best vehicle I have ever owned. Bought it new and have had this 2000 model since winter of 1999. Have close to 200,000 miles! I will keep this truck forever. Have a couple of rust spots, which I sprayed rust remover, sanded it off, and painted it. My truck still looks like new with some minor dents. I keep up with the maintenance: oil, lubes, tires, tune-ups, etc. I enjoy off-roading out in the country.

2000 Crew cab XE, automatic
By spy77 on 02/05/11 17:47 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

I use to be a Chevy guy, but Nissan knows how to build cars and trucks. Being my third Nissan, the Frontier is a overall really good truck. The V6 engine could use a little more power, but it gets the job done. It's now at 98,000 miles and still runs like new. I did have to replace the exhaust manifolds due to cracks, and the battery died after the 6th year. I do all the repairs myself, so it hasn't cost me much. I am now planning on replacing the timing belt, water pump and hoses. I have already replaced the O2's plugs, wires, cap and rotor along with the drive belts, since I am a strong believer in preventive maintenance. Truck has proven to be highly reliable and still performs like new.

I love this hard body
By Donald Thompson, Sr. on 08/04/10 04:36 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

Purchase this truck from dealer, with 40k all ready on it. It was a lease truck by a one owner and was well taken care of. 130k on the truck as of this review. I previously owned a Toyota 4x4 "87" bought new and traded it in at 150k . I loved that truck. I never thought I would like another truck as I liked that one, but this Nissan is as good as the Toyota was. I take this truck to Florida two or thee times a year and drive straight threw, a 15 hour drive. Just gas and go with normal routine maintenance. This Nissan is a keeper.

best vehicle I've ever had
By roger on 01/23/10 17:39 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

Just gas it up an go, it will get you there. A set of tires,1 brake job and 2 headlights is my maintenance repairs in 10 years. It will need to be totaled before I sell this truck.

Truck Must Have Been Built on a Friday
By TSmith on 01/11/10 20:24 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

I do not know how anyone could rate this truck at anything but very poor. I guess that I must have just bought a vehicle built on a bad day. I purchased this vehicle right after they came out and had many problems with it even though it was taken very good care of. Bad fit and finish. Every small item in car broke. Plastic on inside of the passenger door shattered when it was very cold one winter. No power. Bad gas mileage. Rear tailgate fell off. A very heavy small truck and bad 4WD. At 115k the engine blew a head gasket and the mechanic said I needed a new engine! I was through. I paid a premium price for this truck and it was anything but that. My last Nissan.

Nissan is the best old or new
By don on 01/02/10 17:32 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

I have a 2000 loaded Se 4x4 frontier, which will be up for sale in June 2010, low miles, under 50,000 miles, I have been thrilled with my truck for the last 10 years, and I can hardly wait to get the new 2010, I will get a 2010 LE CC Long Bed, Loaded with everything except the Moon Roof, that is the only thing I have not enjoyed on my 2000.

In Love even after 200,000-Xlint
By ER on 05/28/09 01:26 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

Wow. First of the yellow ones off the line in 1999, Bought with 6k mi for $17,000. Now have 200k. First 100k, this truck's ride was rock solid without ANY unscheduled repair - amazing. My American trucks prior never did this. Even at 150k, this truck rode like a car - nice. Now the poor thing is a clunker-cant fix suspension. But it starts every morning, most reliable. Our S420 Mercedes was completely falling apart (interior especially) after 100k, long sold. Frontier hangs on-no broken interior parts even though parts are thin. 6 yrs of 2 kids in back have left no broken features. People ask if the yellow paint is new every time I wash (rare) and I haven't waxed in years. Amazing performance

Long Timer
By John Reed on 10/20/08 17:48 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

The 2000 Nissan Frontier SE Crew Cab 4X4 is the best truck I have ever had. Millage get this at 210,000 miles its only had the 5 speed manual transmission and clutch replaced. Other than routine maintenance the ususal spark plugs, wires, O2 Sensors, oil and coolant changes its is the performer. The truck averages 17.5 mpg and it is a vehicle that have been dependable for over 8 years.

Good off-roader, slow highwayer
By Noli on 06/05/08 22:10 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

I own this vehicle just for my game pursuits. I beat the most forbidding trails in the mountains of Mojave and in some other rough trails in Southern CA, drove as fars as texas without problems except speed limitations. maybe due to my off-road, aggressive oversized tires. Some problem with braking, it seems it slips in dirt road. Had a hard time with using low 4 wheel. Got stuck twice in the soft desert sand and noticed that not all four wheels are turning.

1 2 3 4 5 next »