2000 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
2000 Crew cab XE, automatic
By spy77 on 02/05/11 17:47 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

I use to be a Chevy guy, but Nissan knows how to build cars and trucks. Being my third Nissan, the Frontier is a overall really good truck. The V6 engine could use a little more power, but it gets the job done. It's now at 98,000 miles and still runs like new. I did have to replace the exhaust manifolds due to cracks, and the battery died after the 6th year. I do all the repairs myself, so it hasn't cost me much. I am now planning on replacing the timing belt, water pump and hoses. I have already replaced the O2's plugs, wires, cap and rotor along with the drive belts, since I am a strong believer in preventive maintenance. Truck has proven to be highly reliable and still performs like new.

In Love even after 200,000-Xlint
By ER on 05/28/09 01:26 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

Wow. First of the yellow ones off the line in 1999, Bought with 6k mi for $17,000. Now have 200k. First 100k, this truck's ride was rock solid without ANY unscheduled repair - amazing. My American trucks prior never did this. Even at 150k, this truck rode like a car - nice. Now the poor thing is a clunker-cant fix suspension. But it starts every morning, most reliable. Our S420 Mercedes was completely falling apart (interior especially) after 100k, long sold. Frontier hangs on-no broken interior parts even though parts are thin. 6 yrs of 2 kids in back have left no broken features. People ask if the yellow paint is new every time I wash (rare) and I haven't waxed in years. Amazing performance

Great Truck
By Billy on 07/28/07 11:49 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

I'll start off by saying that my Frontier has over 175,000 miles on it. I bought it brand new in '00 with 10 miles on it. It is now one of my work trucks. What a fantastic truck it has been. Not the most powerful, doesn't get great gas mileage, isn't the roomiest, but damn, this thing is reliable. Other then tires, oil, and brake pads, I've only replaced the timing belt at 120k miles, and one A/C hose at 160k miles. I highly recommened this truck for people who need a good used, long lasting, dependable truck at a great price on the used truck market. By the way, mine was not babied at all. It pulls a heavy work trailer on a regular basis, and only gets the oil changed about every 10k miles.

I love this car
By Love It! on 05/25/07 20:32 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

This is the first car I purchased on my own. While in college I took it to Mexico on surf trips and offroading. I have never had a problem. Other than routine maintenance, I've never had to do any additional service. I have one child and another in the way and while it is turning out to be a little too small, I refuse to give it up. It just has been that good of a car to me.

7 Year Update
By kd7oqc on 04/21/07 21:35 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

This is an update of my post 3/21/02. I've kept up on the maintenance. Nothing has broken, unless I have bent or smashed it. ABS doesn't work when you are going backwards down a snow covered hill. K&N air filter helped mileage. Still getting 18.5 average and 20+ on trips. Still no squeaks or rattles, though it sees a fair amount of logging roads. The regulator on the left rear window went out Feb 06 / 88,500 miles. Extended warranty covered it, otherwise it would have been $300. Quoted just under $900, to change the timing belt, seals, water pump, belts and hoses at 105k. It doesn't need hoses or a water pump, but since they are tearing into it, I won't have to worry for another 100k miles.

Perfect Compact Truck
By Swole37 on 01/02/06 02:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

I use my frontier for work and play. I drive anywhere from 20 to 100 miles a day for work. I am an avid hunter and outdoorsman. I drive my fronier off road a good bit. I pull a trailer sometimes with either one or two four wheel ATVs. Sometimes I load one ATV in the bed when I don't pull a trailer. The truck pulls great. My frontier has never broken down and left me stranded. The only problem that I have ever had if a freon leak in the air conditioning system. I ride comforably with my wife and two small children. Sometimes I put two adults in the back seat. It is a little cramped for them, but bearable.

my frontier
By aprado on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

at first i like the old hardbody design and then i needed a new one specially the crewcab having one child and a lot of people asking for help if they needed to move something, it turned out i wasn't wrong of chosing my frontier crewcab but sure would be better if it was timing chain instead of timing belt like the new pathfinder.thats all i did replace my timing belt and its new again.

Love my crew cab
By Parrothead on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

A great truck. More hauling room than SUVs and the people hauling room of a sedan. Not overly cumbersome like a full size truck or SUV. You get the same road visibility, but without the bulk and poor handling. It's got good power and great handling. Seeing as how it's a Nissan it should prove to be extremely reliable. No major problems so far and things should stay that way.

good vehicle
By stuie on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

quiet, reliable, solid no squeaks or rattles after 36k, no problems or shop time. i think this one is a keeper..should get 200k out of it with the proven V6