Used 2000 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2000 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Very Solid Crewcab 4x4 Mountain Truck!
By peijae

2000 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB

I am person that has had over 35 cars since the age of 16, partially from hobby and partly for experience. The best vehicle I had owned was the 2008 Tacoma, but had to get out of heavy payments and let it go. Since then I always wished from at least a small truck bed after a few SUVs. Living in the mountains of Colorado, I need plenty of power, decent fuel economy, passenger room and real 4x4 utility. Not the easiest combo to find. I ended up getting a Frontier and it is truly one excellent mountain truck. Lifted, built, 33's, 5 speed, headers and intake: Excellent power up and down hills, 15-22 mpg, and very capable off road. I like it as much as my old 2008 Toyota Tacoma. A 200k keeper.

Favorite Features

Nice exterior, looks very rugged with lift, rock sliders and off road bumpers, comfortable and intuitive interior, absorbs bumps nicely with ranchos, very strong and efficient engine with k&n cold air intake and headers, nice 5 speed transmission pulls up the canyon in 4th gear, very reliable, easy to maintain, good 4x4 off road capability, easy to take the family out in with passenger room, small but utilitarian bed, at 218,000 miles runs great and feels half it's age, gets pretty decent gas mileage considering its mods.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing to complain about

2000 nissan frontier
By iphone956

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

very nice truck just bought it a year a go and has not given me problems....no oil leaks no nothing ... fun to drive .... not a fan of the windows since there manual ... but engine and trans is good

Frontier 4X4 Crew Cab 2000
By sleeksteel

2000 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

Extraordinary performance and quality. The best vehicle I have ever owned. Bought it new and have had this 2000 model since winter of 1999. Have close to 200,000 miles! I will keep this truck forever. Have a couple of rust spots, which I sprayed rust remover, sanded it off, and painted it. My truck still looks like new with some minor dents. I keep up with the maintenance: oil, lubes, tires, tune-ups, etc. I enjoy off-roading out in the country.

Favorite Features

I love the 4X4, exterior syle, interior design, storage behind the backseats, and the small, but effective engine.

Suggested Improvements

Too noisy on the highway; wind and engine noise in the cabin is louder than most vehicles. Roof rack is useless - only hinders the aerodynamics of the body. Hood needs to lift up high enough toward the windshield to improve aerodynamics and hide the windshield wipers.

nissan frontier
By dfmcarlson

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

My dads 2000 nissan frontier 4x4 4 cyl manual has been the most reliable truck, he bought it new it has 260,000 miles everything in the truck is still all original has never been touched, same water pump,same thermostat,same clutch and pressure plate you name it its still all there. except for a cracked exhaust manifold i just replace a couple days ago. its been beat up bad its been threw water up to the hood waters coming in the truck but does not burn any oil at all for almost 300,000 miles no truck could ever last and have been beat up as this one has.

2000 Crew cab XE, automatic
By spy77

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

I use to be a Chevy guy, but Nissan knows how to build cars and trucks. Being my third Nissan, the Frontier is a overall really good truck. The V6 engine could use a little more power, but it gets the job done. It's now at 98,000 miles and still runs like new. I did have to replace the exhaust manifolds due to cracks, and the battery died after the 6th year. I do all the repairs myself, so it hasn't cost me much. I am now planning on replacing the timing belt, water pump and hoses. I have already replaced the O2's plugs, wires, cap and rotor along with the drive belts, since I am a strong believer in preventive maintenance. Truck has proven to be highly reliable and still performs like new.

Favorite Features

Plush fabric interior, NOT all plastic interior like most cars and trucks, high clearance, smooth performing V6 engine and great for towing.

Suggested Improvements

V6 engine could use more power. Back seating could use more room for adults, but fine for kids.