2000 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Very Solid Crewcab 4x4 Mountain Truck!
By peijae on 03/26/14 23:57 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB

I am person that has had over 35 cars since the age of 16, partially from hobby and partly for experience. The best vehicle I had owned was the 2008 Tacoma, but had to get out of heavy payments and let it go. Since then I always wished from at least a small truck bed after a few SUVs. Living in the mountains of Colorado, I need plenty of power, decent fuel economy, passenger room and real 4x4 utility. Not the easiest combo to find. I ended up getting a Frontier and it is truly one excellent mountain truck. Lifted, built, 33's, 5 speed, headers and intake: Excellent power up and down hills, 15-22 mpg, and very capable off road. I like it as much as my old 2008 Toyota Tacoma. A 200k keeper.

2000 nissan frontier
By iphone956 on 04/04/12 10:25 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

very nice truck just bought it a year a go and has not given me problems....no oil leaks no nothing ... fun to drive .... not a fan of the windows since there manual ... but engine and trans is good

Frontier 4X4 Crew Cab 2000
By sleeksteel on 10/18/11 14:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

Extraordinary performance and quality. The best vehicle I have ever owned. Bought it new and have had this 2000 model since winter of 1999. Have close to 200,000 miles! I will keep this truck forever. Have a couple of rust spots, which I sprayed rust remover, sanded it off, and painted it. My truck still looks like new with some minor dents. I keep up with the maintenance: oil, lubes, tires, tune-ups, etc. I enjoy off-roading out in the country.

nissan frontier
By dfmcarlson on 05/27/11 22:42 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

My dads 2000 nissan frontier 4x4 4 cyl manual has been the most reliable truck, he bought it new it has 260,000 miles everything in the truck is still all original has never been touched, same water pump,same thermostat,same clutch and pressure plate you name it its still all there. except for a cracked exhaust manifold i just replace a couple days ago. its been beat up bad its been threw water up to the hood waters coming in the truck but does not burn any oil at all for almost 300,000 miles no truck could ever last and have been beat up as this one has.

2000 Crew cab XE, automatic
By spy77 on 02/05/11 17:47 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

I use to be a Chevy guy, but Nissan knows how to build cars and trucks. Being my third Nissan, the Frontier is a overall really good truck. The V6 engine could use a little more power, but it gets the job done. It's now at 98,000 miles and still runs like new. I did have to replace the exhaust manifolds due to cracks, and the battery died after the 6th year. I do all the repairs myself, so it hasn't cost me much. I am now planning on replacing the timing belt, water pump and hoses. I have already replaced the O2's plugs, wires, cap and rotor along with the drive belts, since I am a strong believer in preventive maintenance. Truck has proven to be highly reliable and still performs like new.

I love this hard body
By Donald Thompson, Sr. on 08/04/10 04:36 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

Purchase this truck from dealer, with 40k all ready on it. It was a lease truck by a one owner and was well taken care of. 130k on the truck as of this review. I previously owned a Toyota 4x4 "87" bought new and traded it in at 150k . I loved that truck. I never thought I would like another truck as I liked that one, but this Nissan is as good as the Toyota was. I take this truck to Florida two or thee times a year and drive straight threw, a 15 hour drive. Just gas and go with normal routine maintenance. This Nissan is a keeper.

2000 Nissan Desert Runner
By 2000 Nissan Frontier on 05/09/10 06:52 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE Desert Runner 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck used in 2001, it had 36,000 on it. Paid $10,500. It's been a great truck very reliable I currently have 165,000 miles on it and runs great. Fuel economy not so good 17-18 mpg. Tires last a long time with no alignment needed, just rotate and balance. I've used Amsoil Synthetics in it for years and change the oil every 15,000 miles. I use it as a service truck in my business and it's been a good work horse.

It's a great truck
By bond007 on 02/02/10 17:00 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier SE Desert Runner 2dr Extended Cab SB

It's a great little truck. I've done a little stuff done to it I put a kn filter in it , e3 spark plugs , and a flowmaster with a bigger pipe. It's a fun truck to drive around town and gets up to speed pretty good when you want it to. It's doing great for having 150,000 miles on it. Just a oil change and it's good to go.

best vehicle I've ever had
By roger on 01/23/10 17:39 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

Just gas it up an go, it will get you there. A set of tires,1 brake job and 2 headlights is my maintenance repairs in 10 years. It will need to be totaled before I sell this truck.

Solid, low maintenance truck
By Ryan on 01/17/10 10:43 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I don't expect much from a vehicle, getting me where I need to go without much drama is all I require, and the Frontier did that in spades. It was reliable, handled well and offered a smooth ride. I purchased it in 2005 with 55,000 on the clock, and traded it in for a 2005 Ford in Oct. 09, Frontier had 117,000 on the clock then. During my ownership, the only thing other than basic maintenance items (tires, shocks, exhaust, bulbs) that it needed was a blower speed control module, which was a $20 part at the local parts store. I traded it in because I wanted something new and wanted to make a run with a domestic brand , time will tell if I made a wise choice.