1999 Nissan Frontier 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - More cons then pros

1999 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Review

XE Extended Cab Pickup (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

More cons then pros
By p2cpu on

1999 Nissan Frontier XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck has been reliable in the sense that it has not broken down. But I have had many problems with the front end (loose torsion bar, sway bar end links breaking loose 3 times). Now my steering needs an alignment. I took it to Foothill Nissan to have my automatic transmission serviced and they overfilled it, causing it to leak all over the undercarriage. My driver side window has always rattled. The windows fog up easily (unlike other trucks I have had). Heat always comes out of the vent, even when you have it on cold. The front fenders dent easily. It is a really great looking truck, but I think they need to work on the quality.

Favorite Features

I like the look of this truck. The bed was designed really well. Rear anti- locking brakes (standard). Reclining bucket seats.

Suggested Improvements

Strengthen up the fenders and front- end. Work on the window design and fix the heat problem coming from the vent (most likely the vent duct is routed near a heat source). Stiffen up the front end so it is not so bouncy.