1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Great truck
By Bob Cleary on 07/01/09 14:22 PM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I purchased this truck for over-the- road traveling. It has been a terrific truck for me. I have used it for some limited hauling. I am not a small guy. It is very comfortable for me. I would have liked 4 doors, and the cruise control "on" button is in a strange place. That is the only thing that has been an issue for me. The comfort, reliability, and the build of this truck is second to none. The styling is far superior to any of the competition. My truck looks more beefy, with more design, while the others look more boxy and cheap. I would recommend this truck to anyone. Who ever gets this truck next, even with 150000 miles will get a very nice looking truck, and one that is mechanically so

Best truck you will evr find
By shill83 on 01/15/06 18:19 PM (PST)

1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

There is no better truck in the world. This truck is running just as good as the day i bought it and shows no sign of wear. during the worst ice storm my area has ever seen last year the truck ran over every tree that blocked my way. after some drunk guy smashed into the side of it and hit the rear wheel dead on going 50mph the truck started right up and took me home. when i took it to be repaired, we found out the leaf springs had blown apart....and it still took me home. i love this truck and when this truck finally dies, if it ever does, i will buy another.

Great Pickup
By alex_5626 on 06/22/05 01:18 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck runs great. No engine problems or design flaws. It would however be nice if it had four doors instead of two. Also the engine could use a little more guts, putting out 160 horsepower and 200 ft/lbs of torque. Other then that, great truck. It uses 90% of its horsepower at 1800 rpm and less, so passing on the highway can take time. This truck will make you happy.

my friend the nissan
By jjracer on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

i have driven this "super" truck over 150,000 miles. i have had no,no no! problems at all!!! i will buy a new one in o4.

Satisified Used Truck Owner
By ahrivnak on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

The Nissan meet all of my expectations and exceeded most. Most of my praise goes to the comfort of the vehicle. The seats are Large enough for a person my size, but my ten year old son has no problem falling asleep in the passenger seet. The controls are easy to reach, understand, and use. If I had to make one complain, it would be about the power of the engine. I expected a bit more power from a V6. Still, there was plenty of power for most tasks. I also think the stlying is superior to any comparable truck (Toyota, Mazda, Chevy, Ford etc) and far superior than the current Nissan frontiers. You will enjoy!!