Used 1999 Nissan Frontier XE V6 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

My Datsun frontier King cab
By Monster Man

1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have a 1999 Datsun frontier King cab Iim putting a 3" body lift with 32" /11.50 /15 I love this truck because I could do anything to it . If any one wants to get a truck and put it together any frontier 2000 and under will Do .

My favorite feature is the style of the 1999 Datsun it looks newer than a 1999

The inprovement will be to me is that . They didn't make to many parts for off road .i will like to find more things for it . I have to mix and match with other Frontiers . Of later models

Great truck
By Bob Cleary

1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I purchased this truck for over-the- road traveling. It has been a terrific truck for me. I have used it for some limited hauling. I am not a small guy. It is very comfortable for me. I would have liked 4 doors, and the cruise control "on" button is in a strange place. That is the only thing that has been an issue for me. The comfort, reliability, and the build of this truck is second to none. The styling is far superior to any of the competition. My truck looks more beefy, with more design, while the others look more boxy and cheap. I would recommend this truck to anyone. Who ever gets this truck next, even with 150000 miles will get a very nice looking truck, and one that is mechanically so

Best truck you will evr find
By shill83

1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

There is no better truck in the world. This truck is running just as good as the day i bought it and shows no sign of wear. during the worst ice storm my area has ever seen last year the truck ran over every tree that blocked my way. after some drunk guy smashed into the side of it and hit the rear wheel dead on going 50mph the truck started right up and took me home. when i took it to be repaired, we found out the leaf springs had blown apart....and it still took me home. i love this truck and when this truck finally dies, if it ever does, i will buy another.

Durability, reliability, comfort, design, how it looks as it passes those chevy's and fords that hit 100000 miles and die. really does make chevy trucks look like a rock.

V6 does need more power, but they fixed that in 2000, and i haven't ever been limited by the power of the engine.

Great Pickup
By alex_5626

1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck runs great. No engine problems or design flaws. It would however be nice if it had four doors instead of two. Also the engine could use a little more guts, putting out 160 horsepower and 200 ft/lbs of torque. Other then that, great truck. It uses 90% of its horsepower at 1800 rpm and less, so passing on the highway can take time. This truck will make you happy.

4 wheel drive

Nissan already increased engine performance to the 00' and up models

my friend the nissan
By jjracer

1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

i have driven this "super" truck over 150,000 miles. i have had no,no no! problems at all!!! i will buy a new one in o4.

overall fit/finish/ride and performance.

better seats,a timing "chain or gear, and BETTER DEALERS!!!!