1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Great truck
By Bob Cleary on 07/01/09 14:22 PM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I purchased this truck for over-the- road traveling. It has been a terrific truck for me. I have used it for some limited hauling. I am not a small guy. It is very comfortable for me. I would have liked 4 doors, and the cruise control "on" button is in a strange place. That is the only thing that has been an issue for me. The comfort, reliability, and the build of this truck is second to none. The styling is far superior to any of the competition. My truck looks more beefy, with more design, while the others look more boxy and cheap. I would recommend this truck to anyone. Who ever gets this truck next, even with 150000 miles will get a very nice looking truck, and one that is mechanically so

Good vehicle
By Ken on 10/28/08 04:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased my truck new in 1999. I only have about 65,000 miles on it. I have not had a single problem with it in all these years. The air conditioner is just as cold today as it was the day I drove it off the lot. The car has not been back to the dealership since I bought it. I do change the oil/filter about every 5,000 miles. It still runs like a sewing machine. Gas mileage is about 19 in town and 24 on the highway (65 mph). Did have to replace factory radio.

Good used vehicle
By syclone on 04/16/07 10:32 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

No problems so far except for an automatic transmission overdrive switch.

Nice quality truck
By Hooker on 03/18/06 07:36 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck 5 years ago with 31,000 miles. I now have over 200,000 miles as I commute 200 a day to work and home. No major work preformed except for tires, oil changes, brakes and clutch (at 180,000 mile). Truck is comfortable for my daily trips. I average 30 miles per gallon on the highway with a standard tranny. Dependable truck!!

Best truck you will evr find
By shill83 on 01/15/06 18:19 PM (PST)

1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

There is no better truck in the world. This truck is running just as good as the day i bought it and shows no sign of wear. during the worst ice storm my area has ever seen last year the truck ran over every tree that blocked my way. after some drunk guy smashed into the side of it and hit the rear wheel dead on going 50mph the truck started right up and took me home. when i took it to be repaired, we found out the leaf springs had blown apart....and it still took me home. i love this truck and when this truck finally dies, if it ever does, i will buy another.

Great Truck On And Off Road,
By Chad05 on 07/23/05 21:54 PM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have owned this truck for about three months and it is already the best truck I have ever had. Before this I have owned Fords and Chevys and both of them were in the shop after only about a month of ownership. The Frontier I can trust to start for me everytime and not leave me stranded. I have the off road package and it has the rear limited slip. With this feature this truck does great off road.

Great Pickup
By alex_5626 on 06/22/05 01:18 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck runs great. No engine problems or design flaws. It would however be nice if it had four doors instead of two. Also the engine could use a little more guts, putting out 160 horsepower and 200 ft/lbs of torque. Other then that, great truck. It uses 90% of its horsepower at 1800 rpm and less, so passing on the highway can take time. This truck will make you happy.

Great Truck
By woodworker76 on 04/12/05 12:49 PM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have had my Frontier for about 1 1/2 months. I love it. The 4WD is dependable and very stable. I have had it in a very soupy cornfield near my house and it pulled out with no problems. The gas mileage leaves something to be desired. I get about 18 mpg on the highway. It is comfortable on short trips, however it is a bit short for my 6 foot frame. The engine is strong and reliable. Nice truck!!!

My Frontier
By frontman on 01/02/05 21:34 PM (PST)

1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My Nissan Frontier is a great vehicle. It has a solid ride, carries a load and is very good off-road. My only complaints are its fuel milage and fuel capacity. Its gas mileage is poor for it's size and the gas tank is too small. This adds up to many stops at gas stations. As with all Nissan products, it is very reliable. They just don't break down.

not too bad
By brooks on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Good little truck, outstanding offroad performance. Have no problem hanging with the lifted trucks. The truck feels solid in everything I do. Interior is a little dull but the ergos are outstanding and suspension sags a lot with a little load however that may be due to the off road package. The horsepower is down compared to the competition however the torque and short gearing make up for it. Pulls a load(engine wise) like a big truck. Not a good highway vehicle. I drove mine from PA to Alaska in just 5 days and didn't have any problems, and the seats provide great support, however the truck runs at very high rpm at highway speeds.