1999 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Great Truck On And Off Road,
By Chad05 on 07/23/05 21:54 PM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Frontier SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have owned this truck for about three months and it is already the best truck I have ever had. Before this I have owned Fords and Chevys and both of them were in the shop after only about a month of ownership. The Frontier I can trust to start for me everytime and not leave me stranded. I have the off road package and it has the rear limited slip. With this feature this truck does great off road.

Great Truck
By woodworker76 on 04/12/05 12:49 PM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Frontier SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have had my Frontier for about 1 1/2 months. I love it. The 4WD is dependable and very stable. I have had it in a very soupy cornfield near my house and it pulled out with no problems. The gas mileage leaves something to be desired. I get about 18 mpg on the highway. It is comfortable on short trips, however it is a bit short for my 6 foot frame. The engine is strong and reliable. Nice truck!!!

not too bad
By brooks on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Frontier SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Good little truck, outstanding offroad performance. Have no problem hanging with the lifted trucks. The truck feels solid in everything I do. Interior is a little dull but the ergos are outstanding and suspension sags a lot with a little load however that may be due to the off road package. The horsepower is down compared to the competition however the torque and short gearing make up for it. Pulls a load(engine wise) like a big truck. Not a good highway vehicle. I drove mine from PA to Alaska in just 5 days and didn't have any problems, and the seats provide great support, however the truck runs at very high rpm at highway speeds.

Relize that its a great value
By Nissan loyalist on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Frontier SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I am pleased with my truck. It is comfortable and I trust it to start for me every time. It looks good inside and out and I expect it to keep going another 80,000+. I would like more power and little better fuel economy, but overall you cant beat the value!

MY WHEELS
By LARRY M MILLER on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

GOOD ALL ARROUND VEHICLE FOR MY NEEDS HYWAY/OFF ROAD USAGE