My First Nissan
By TaTa on
1998 Nissan Frontier XE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB
Bought this truck because I needed inexpensive 4wd and the ability to pack a couple of kids in the back when necessary. Have had numerous other Japanese vehicles over the years and always was impressed with there quality,reliability,and driving satisfaction. Have to say that the Nissan is a step below the others. I also had the radio light go out (a common problem), I've had driveability problems in damp weather,a 4wd hub issue twice,a/c not very good,squeaks and rattles,not very comfortable,poor mileage even with the 5speed. On the plus side, paint is good ,never stranded me,for what I paid its probably been a decent vehicle. Would I buy another? Probably not unless the price was a steal.
Favorite Features
Not bad looking for a pickup.Dash layout.Price. Anti-lock brakes standard with my truck.
Suggested Improvements
Better fuel economy.A bit more power. Automatic 4wd standard (Mine has manual hubs,a real pain).The alloy wheels look nice,but trying to get a wheel secured after a tire change always is an adventure because the lugs work free.More comfortable seats.