Everything I needed!
By Tortuga on
1998 Nissan Frontier XE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB
I bought my Frontier in 2004 when I was 18. Been driving it almost daily ever since. I've done trips of well over 400 miles as well as put it through some rigorous Off-Road and Mud trails. The truck has gone everywhere I've pointed it. Ran into a few trees and rocks while wheeling, body damage was fixed with a little hammer work. I was rear ended in it, with barely a dent to the rear bumper (the plastic step came loose.) The little toyota pickup that hit me, was destroyed. Power is perfectly fine, It's a pickup not a race car. I'm running 31 in. tires (compared to the stock size of about 17 in.) and it runs perfectly fine, with no life required. In all, great truck!
Favorite Features
fender well size to fit larger tired. Plenty of power on and off road and good 4Lo power. good strong IFS suspension and drivetrain. Lack of repairs needed. If your Frontier needs excessive repairs, then you're an idiot driver who doesn't know how to take care of your average maintenance.
Suggested Improvements
Pickup wise, they've only made it better throughout the years (except body designs, the original is the best.) My single cab isn't enough room for my needs anymore, so I've upgraded to an SUV. Other than that, everything is perfect!