Was dissapoiinted
By nextride on
1998 Nissan Frontier XE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB
I bought this truck in 2010 in the 4WD exteded cab thinking it would be reliable and i wanted decent gas milage for a truck. It had 140,000 miles on it and the gas milage was not as good as i hped it would be average about 19 mpg. I will say that the 4WD works very good in the snow. For a while it was fine then slowly small things started to fail on it. These were not the end of the world but they were annoying. Finally the transmission went out on me on a road trip at 155,000 miles. I do not know if it was due to a fluid leak or if it just happened. But the repair will be very expensive since they only made it for two years and it comes as a unit with the transfer case.
Favorite Features
I never had any engine problems, it always started right up.
Suggested Improvements
The power window switch became so hard to roll up that most people thought they broke it. Next the tail gate handle broke so i has to pinch it from the inside to get it to open. The spedometer started to jump around when the truck was cold but it would eventually work. And soon after i got it the handle to pull the passenger seat forward became very tricky to use.