1998 Nissan Frontier Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Room for Improvement
By TKH on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Frontier Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Truck has been pretty reliable. Appealing exterior. Interior layout is paractical. Right (passenger side) window rattles terribly, especially with driver side window down. Lost radior light at 45,000 mi. Lost radio volume control at 49,000 mi. Service engine light at 51,000. Diagnostic incomplete, requiring a return trip.

98 Frontier SB
By rben on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Frontier Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased my 98 Frontier used 18 months ago. Only normal oil changes so far- its been perfect. Have taken on two long(2500+ miles)trips- very comfortable and reliable. I think this is the best light truck value for your dollar. The four cylinder gets about 23mpg city/ 27 hwy. w/ a tonneau cover on the back. The power is adequate, evenly heavily loaded through 9000ft passes in the Rockies it did fine. Quite peppy around town without a heavy load. My fifth Nissan, but first truck- I highly recommend this vehicle!

Some problems with this truck, normal?
By sandiego on 06/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Frontier Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought this truck new in 98 and here are some problems I'm having: Bushing in stabilizer bar been replaced twice; radio light is dying; A/C is very noisy and horsepower is lost when on; clutch is dying at 56k; horrible gas mileage; we'll see if this truck makes it to the 100k w/o spending too much in repairs! this truck is fun to drive though, and very nice ergonomics. So-so resale value.

NISSAN'S TOUGH TRUCK
By HARDHEAD on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Frontier Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

GREAT TRUCK FOR ALL KINDS OF USES!THIS TRUCK CAN HANDLE ANY KIND OF TRIP WITH MOUNTAINS OF FUN.