1998 Nissan Frontier Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
A great little truck
By timv11 on 05/27/10 10:02 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Frontier Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've had this truck for just over 2 years now. Bought it with 76,000 miles on it. I think I should have bought the extended cab but I really like the truck otherwise. I have had 720 lbs. of hay in the back and it ran just fine. It is more than enough truck for going to the hardware store or the dump. I use it as my commuter, around 70 miles a day. I would highly recommend this type of truck to anyone.

Just right
By Raul on 12/26/04 21:20 PM (PST)

1998 Nissan Frontier Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my Nissan Frontier brand new in 1998 and it is still going. I am consistenly getting 20 miles per gallon in city driving. the truck has decent accelaration and gives power when needed. I live in Texas and the AC is still cold. I am never dissappointed. Six years of ownership and I have never experienced any stalling.

First one
By LaEmperor on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Frontier Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

This is my first Nissan truck (had a 300zx and a 510 before).I took a chance a bought a repo and I love it.The truck is perfect for what I need it to do which is light to medium hauling and tooling around. I am very satisfied with this truck

Great little truck
By John Gaz on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Frontier Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought this truck new,no major mechanical problems with truck at all! Only problem I have had is the speedometer has started to intermitanly stick at 40 miles per hour. This is the second nissian truck I have had and will continue to buy thier trucks. Reliablity is great for this size truck! One odd thing is the truck owners manual barely fits into the unusally small glove compartment?

Room for Improvement
By TKH on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Frontier Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Truck has been pretty reliable. Appealing exterior. Interior layout is paractical. Right (passenger side) window rattles terribly, especially with driver side window down. Lost radior light at 45,000 mi. Lost radio volume control at 49,000 mi. Service engine light at 51,000. Diagnostic incomplete, requiring a return trip.

98 Frontier SB
By rben on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Frontier Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased my 98 Frontier used 18 months ago. Only normal oil changes so far- its been perfect. Have taken on two long(2500+ miles)trips- very comfortable and reliable. I think this is the best light truck value for your dollar. The four cylinder gets about 23mpg city/ 27 hwy. w/ a tonneau cover on the back. The power is adequate, evenly heavily loaded through 9000ft passes in the Rockies it did fine. Quite peppy around town without a heavy load. My fifth Nissan, but first truck- I highly recommend this vehicle!

Some problems with this truck, normal?
By sandiego on 06/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Frontier Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought this truck new in 98 and here are some problems I'm having: Bushing in stabilizer bar been replaced twice; radio light is dying; A/C is very noisy and horsepower is lost when on; clutch is dying at 56k; horrible gas mileage; we'll see if this truck makes it to the 100k w/o spending too much in repairs! this truck is fun to drive though, and very nice ergonomics. So-so resale value.

NISSAN'S TOUGH TRUCK
By HARDHEAD on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Frontier Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

GREAT TRUCK FOR ALL KINDS OF USES!THIS TRUCK CAN HANDLE ANY KIND OF TRIP WITH MOUNTAINS OF FUN.