1998 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
300,000 Miles and Counting
By jlundin on 04/05/13 12:26 PM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Frontier SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This has been a daily commuter for many, many years and there has never been any major issues. I have replaced the clutch 2x and done the normal maintenance over the years. Never once has it failed me. It gets great gas mileage for a truck. Just recently I passed the 300,000 miles mark and it still made a 2,000 mile trip to Arizona and back. The only complaint I have is that it is a gutless 4 cylinder. I have to put the pedal to the floor when turning onto a street and it still takes it time to accelerate.

Fantastic Truck
By John Lee on 06/14/05 15:40 PM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Frontier SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck has never let me down in the 6 years i have owned it. No mechanical problems and has been comfortable on long trips. The Nissan frontier is the best truck in its class and is fantastically reliable.

98 frontier
By AllenP on 09/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Frontier SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought the truck new in '98, Nissan had some promotion going so I got it for 10,800. Great price considering the service I've gotten. Had one major problem at about 80,000 miles, had a leak in the a/c system that cost about $600 to fix. Other than that only minor problems, head light and apparently a lot of people have the radio light go out like I did. Little sluggish on take off. All told, a great buy, my second Nissan and would not think twice before buying another one.

1998 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE
By rainh2o on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Frontier SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Pros: Handsome looks. Famously reliable 4 cylinder engine. Nice ride for a truck, especially with good replacement tires. Cons: The automatic is low on horsepower and towing capacity. The fuel mileage is unimpressive. OEM tires create excessive road noise. Lots of irritating rattles at 40,000 miles.