Used 2014 Nissan Cube Wagon Consumer Reviews - 1 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Cube Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cube model:

Great little car
By Stanley

2014 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This is my second Nissan Cube. It's a quirky car that get compliments and jokes from strangers for its appearance. It looks a bit like a child's drawing of a car. Best thing is that it's the most comfortable car I've driven. The seats are high up and solid. There is plenty of leg room for the rear seat. I have a bad back but have driven this from New Mexico to Washington State and back with no medical issues. It is easy to get into and out of...especially with my back problems. There is an amazing amount of headroom which friends over 6'6" have commented on. The windshield and windows are large and high giving ideal views. There is plenty of room to store things inside. The Bluetooth is excellent. The XM Radio is a great. A good selection of audio options Upgraded sound system with subwoofer. The Navigation system could only be improved if it were voice activated. Keyless ignition is a plus. The rearview camera is superb. The rear door opens to the side like a refrigerator door rather than lift up which I prefer as I'm tall and don't hit my head on the door. Oh, and the car is a lot of fun to drive. Steering is accurate. Breaking is sure. Acceleration is poor from a stop. It accelerates fine on the open road. Fuel economy averages about 33 MPG between city and highway driving. It strains a bit on steep hills. I've driven it up mountains, along deserts, on open roads, in congested city driving in Seattle, Portland, and Denver. In other words, I really enjoy driving this car. Storage is fine with the back seats down. It's a bit cramped with the seats up but I have added a rack and carrier for when I need more storage. Wind noise can be a problem at high speeds. Although I got it up over 110 driving through Wyoming and didn't notice any issues. Crosswinds can be a problem as the car is a boxy and a bit top heavy. It drives fine in the snow. The heater is excellent. The air conditioning has kept the car very comfortable in Phoenix heat. The car looks like a toy but it's tricked out with serious car details and accessories. If anything, it's my adult toy car.