It's Hip To Be A Cube
By lynpossible on
2013 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)
I love my Cube, I got an all souped up SL, with a navigation system. My friends love being in the car, I'm 5'3, and I feel like I'm bigger than most cars because the seats pump up and offer a great view. Okay gas compared to it's competitors - The Soul, Element, and XB - it beats them all. There is so much space for passengers, not so much in the back, but it will handle a trip to Costco with two people just fine. It's not a race car, it has no guts, but comfy for long trips, unless it's very windy it can make a lot of noise because the car is a non-aerodynamic cube. Going up a steep mountain isn't the best, I went to Big Bear with it, people passed me, but it made it. Overall B, good price.
Favorite Features
The stereo system is amazing. The subwoofer is almost too much, and comes with an almost too simple EQ. The seats in the back recline, so nice, unless you have too many things in the back for it to do so. Also quality of seats are nice in SL. The interior is unique, it feels like I'm driving a jacuzzi. Back-up camera available, that I occasionally use for parallel parking.
Suggested Improvements
The navigation system is a little annoying at times. Does not update the 101 in CA for some areas like Santa Barbara. Must pull over to use even if you have a passenger, but I understand why that's there for safety reasons. Maybe fixing the front end for reduced noise would be nice. More cargo by extended the back of the car, making it as long as say an older Forester would be wise. Exterior could lose the necessary"butt" of the car, front is fine, and better for front accidents so you don't lose your legs.