New Krom is Rad
By doctormac83 on
2011 Nissan Cube 1.8 S Krom Edition 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)
Traded my Ridgeline for a 2011 Krom to conserve fuel and because I no longer need a "big" car. I wanted something a bit different. And while I only have a thousand miles on the Nissan, I could not be happier. I also wanted to give Japan some business in light of the recent calamity. I got good value and feel that I did a good deed.
Favorite Features
The car's Bluetooth works great - nearly perfect. Pick up is just fine for around town and I am getting the stated economy or better. The Rockford-Fosgate rocks. It is easily the best car stereo I have ever owned and I have owned a new Porsche and some late model BMWs. Visibility is great and the back up camera comes in handy too. The sliding rear seat is a good feature too. The CVT is a little strange at first, but I've discovered that I can tool around town at 25 mph and rarely exceed 1200 rpm. All while looking most cool. lol Highway cruising power is fine up to about 75, but there is a bit of buffeting and wind noise.
Suggested Improvements
The car needs more "cubby" space. There seems to be ample cup holders, but too few places to put small stuff. The temp button on the dash needs to be pressed repeatedly to change temperature whereas press & hold works on most other cars. I have also noticed that some of the info displayed on the climate control unit becomes blurred when viewed with polarized sunglasses. There is also plenty of room for a sunroof, but it is not factory available. And oddly enough, I have not been able to find a rubberized protector for the rear bumper to prevent cargo scratches etc. Lastly, an option for electric heated seats would be nice.