Loving this car
By pianotunertech on
2011 Nissan Cube 1.8 S Krom Edition 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)
I had a 2008 Nissan crewcab Titan which was sideswiped by a high school student, I drove a rental Honda Civic for three weeks while the truck was in the bodyshop. Though I love trucks, and always have to have one around (I'm buying my son a smaller truck, he's 17) I absolutely loved the freedom of the better gas mileage of the Honda--$20 a week vs. $80 just minimal around town. But it felt cramped and uncomfortable to me, the ride wasn't great, etc. So I checked out and bought an '11 Cube steel grey Krom loaded with bluetooth, Nav, Xm, the works. It is a very comfortable car--it is a BLAST to drive, it has a very nice ride, and the CVT wrings quite a bit of performance out of the engine.
Favorite Features
The CVT/engine drivetrain is great. It actually gives better gas mileage than the 6 speed stick, and the engine felt gutless with the manual BUT NOT with the CVT. Even my wife's '08 Murano CVT is jerky by comparison, Nissan got this drivetrain RIGHT, the Cube accelerates very smoothly. This little car glides forward up to speed plenty quick enough. The headroom, the leg room, the seats are surprisingly comfortable, not quite as great as my wife's Murano for support but plenty nice (we are 100% Nissan family). The Fosgate stereo is pretty good, I had to back the bass to -4 to get a non boomy punchy bass I like, the steering wheel controls for satellite, cruise, and cell phone use FANTASTIC.
Suggested Improvements
So yeah the car is a little weird and attention getting I get some of the where do you put the detergent comments, but more people have asked me how I like it and like the car. I love it. It does have personality but most importantly is pretty functional. I prefer the non claustrophobic roominess for driver and passengers over a ton of cargo room--there is a surprisingly room behind the rear seat, more than you'd expec The wind noise they warn you about, it's true. I would consider re-weatherstripping the car if it would help, but most of my driving is around town and I don't mind the windnoise for the comfort and roominess compared to a tiny cramped econo car which is a little quieter.
By jghs16
on 08/25/11 23:26 PM (PDT)

It's funny my 08 Honda civic was vandalized and they gave me the cube for my rental. I did a review should be up soon. I want to get rid of my civic and get one of these....