Used 2011 Nissan Cube Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Cube - Consumer Reviews

2011 Nissan Cube Wagon

View reviews for a specific Cube model:

When you drive a box...
By dashofpepper

2011 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I think that most people take aerodynamic vehicles for granted these days. With a Cube, you're driving a box. A square box. When highway driving, road debris doesn't bounce off a Cube's windshield, it impacts. On a windy day, your cube shakes around the road because it's a box. I've had my cube for three years now, ever since my wife insisted on buying it, then refusing to drive it anymore and bequeathing it on me. The interior is comfortable, the car is roomy, but the things that matter don't deliver. Gas mileage tops out at 29-30mpg on the highway, a stiff breeze will blow my cube off the road, and every tiny pebble kicked up from the road is a crack in my Cube's windshield.

2011 Nissan Cube Red
By iggypop1

2011 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Bought my 2011 Cube in Red, used, was about 11 months old, with about 16k miles, got it for about $14k total. I traded in my 2007 PT Cruiser for a Cube. I love the look/interior/headliner! I did NOT get the extras; 20 color lights/Rockford stereo/better seats/better ac/heat dial (wish I would have), but it is still a great car! Rides pretty bad (like a truck), and you have 2 hold the wheel at all times (very shaky and flimsy) BUT after I had the car a few months I was doing about 50 on the interstate and could not avoid a 12 foot piece of wooden fencing and I went right over it without ANY damage or problems! I love Nissan! BUT my PT was a much better car! I would buy another cube!!!!

Favorite Features

Humongous interior! Big huge fabric cushiony seats! Rear seat actually reclines and slides forward and backward so you can make the rear cargo larger or smaller and it goes down for extra storage. Great gas mileage. I get double in the city compared to my old PT Cruiser.

Suggested Improvements

Better instrument panel (it is SO boring and dull and small and stupid). Put a colored dashboard to match the exterior like my PT Cruiser (I miss that more than anything). Better stereo in the basic models. More compartments and cup holders!

This Dog Can Hunt!
By allan27

2011 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2011 Nissan Cube a year ago and put over 60000 kilometers in that time. I have performed meticulous preventative maintenance and use symthetic oil. The car has been extremely reliable thus far and gets excellent fuel mileage! The Cube is very comfortable with thick padded seats and has plenty of headroom for tall people. My SL model is fully loaded with the likes of heated front seats, Navigation, Back-up camera, climate control and a Rockford Fosgate sound system mounted on the rear door. My only complaint is that the interior plastic paneling scratches very easily :(

Favorite Features

Fuel economy and reliablity are top on my list. Great visibility and handling are another. I also enjoy the use of cargo space for such a small vehicle. This car is a work vehicle so I appreciate the creature comforts it employs.

Suggested Improvements

I'm not a huge fan of the CVT gearbox. Although it is reliable enough, it reminds me of a snowmobile winding up and it just doesn't feel right. I would like to see the Cube with a 5 Speed auto gearbox, but I know that will most likely never happen. For the money...it's pretty value.

Utilize the MPG technology
By rick119

2011 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This is a great car! I have 34000 miles and it drives very good and quite comfortable. You must deduct about 2.2 mpg from the instant dash meter to get an accurate mpg est. that being said if I put my cruise control on 59-60 for a 55 mile stretch I get 41 mpg one way and 42 mpg back. That is after deducting the 2.2 mpg. I use syntheitic oil, I went to 9.9 pound wheels with a 35 oz spacer on all 4 wheels. In a week or so I will put on new oem size rubber but they weigh 2 pounds less than the oem tires. I use a light weight crank pulley as well. If you find a place that sells ethanol free gas it may help slightly. One pound of turning weight equals 4 pounds of static weight.

better than what even good reviews say
By kawolve

2011 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 S Krom Edition 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We only buy Nissan in our family. Currently own a pathfinder, I traded in a fully loaded altima only 3 years old & completely paid off for the cube, there was no room in the altima for me, carseats and a 6'3 husband. Best decision to date. I have owned my Krom 10 months & room is great for groceries and car seats. Back seat adjusts, bonus. Gas mileage I was only getting about 25 city, until I hit about 8 k miles and rotate tires. I drive backroads daily for work, no highways. I get 30/31 now city and 36 when I drive the occasional highway, seriously. I fill my tank every 10-14 days, which is great. Downfall little compartment storage & not speedy, but I have adjusted. If it fits u buy it.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage exceptional. Space is great. Impressive sound system, options to accessorize. U r noticed. Is fun, basically a glorified golf car. Great in snow. Low maintenance costs. Definitely get more than what u expect for the cost

Suggested Improvements

More compartment space . Arm rest for passenger seat would have helped. Not a fast moving car, no speeding tickets in this car yet