Used 2011 Nissan Cube 1.8 S Krom Edition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Cube - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cube model:

better than what even good reviews say
By kawolve

2011 Nissan Cube 1.8 S Krom Edition 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We only buy Nissan in our family. Currently own a pathfinder, I traded in a fully loaded altima only 3 years old & completely paid off for the cube, there was no room in the altima for me, carseats and a 6'3 husband. Best decision to date. I have owned my Krom 10 months & room is great for groceries and car seats. Back seat adjusts, bonus. Gas mileage I was only getting about 25 city, until I hit about 8 k miles and rotate tires. I drive backroads daily for work, no highways. I get 30/31 now city and 36 when I drive the occasional highway, seriously. I fill my tank every 10-14 days, which is great. Downfall little compartment storage & not speedy, but I have adjusted. If it fits u buy it.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage exceptional. Space is great. Impressive sound system, options to accessorize. U r noticed. Is fun, basically a glorified golf car. Great in snow. Low maintenance costs. Definitely get more than what u expect for the cost

Suggested Improvements

More compartment space . Arm rest for passenger seat would have helped. Not a fast moving car, no speeding tickets in this car yet

New Krom is Rad
By doctormac83

2011 Nissan Cube 1.8 S Krom Edition 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Traded my Ridgeline for a 2011 Krom to conserve fuel and because I no longer need a "big" car. I wanted something a bit different. And while I only have a thousand miles on the Nissan, I could not be happier. I also wanted to give Japan some business in light of the recent calamity. I got good value and feel that I did a good deed.

Favorite Features

The car's Bluetooth works great - nearly perfect. Pick up is just fine for around town and I am getting the stated economy or better. The Rockford-Fosgate rocks. It is easily the best car stereo I have ever owned and I have owned a new Porsche and some late model BMWs. Visibility is great and the back up camera comes in handy too. The sliding rear seat is a good feature too. The CVT is a little strange at first, but I've discovered that I can tool around town at 25 mph and rarely exceed 1200 rpm. All while looking most cool. lol Highway cruising power is fine up to about 75, but there is a bit of buffeting and wind noise.

Suggested Improvements

The car needs more "cubby" space. There seems to be ample cup holders, but too few places to put small stuff. The temp button on the dash needs to be pressed repeatedly to change temperature whereas press & hold works on most other cars. I have also noticed that some of the info displayed on the climate control unit becomes blurred when viewed with polarized sunglasses. There is also plenty of room for a sunroof, but it is not factory available. And oddly enough, I have not been able to find a rubberized protector for the rear bumper to prevent cargo scratches etc. Lastly, an option for electric heated seats would be nice.

Got Cute Cube
By auntie3

2011 Nissan Cube 1.8 S Krom Edition 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my Cube for about a month now. I love it. My husband is a big guy & at 1st didn't want to test drive it but after I talked him in to it, he loves it too. It's way bigger on the inside than it appears on the outside. It handles very well and has a tight turning radius. You can park this car anywhere and get into very tight areas. It is extremely quiet. The transmission is awesome in this car, you can not hear it shift. It handles bumps in the road great. I have drove it on ice and snow and although the tires are small it handles great. It has alot of storage area in it. The back seats lay flat to make more cargo area and it's great.

Favorite Features

the tall headroom throughout the car makes it feel much bigger inside. plenty of leg room even for my 6 ft tall 250lb husband. Seats are very comfy, like living rm seating. Steering wheel has controls for cruise, radio stations and volume and bluetooth buttons right on the steering wheel. Backseat is comfy for my very tall and big 18 yr old son when we travel. He can lean the backseats back a little to take a nap while still being seatbelted in. flooring is very short dark colored carpeting that appears to be very easy to clean, short nap almost like indoor/outdoor carpet but has nice carpeted floormats. The back door opens all the way open to put thiings in the back cargo area which is deep

Suggested Improvements

I don't have any suggestions for improvement except to add a armrest for the passenger on the left side. The door has armrests recessed in an area, driver has a flip down armrest. Passenger would like to have an armrest. Otherwise, I have no suggested improvements. this car is great.

Loving this car
By pianotunertech

2011 Nissan Cube 1.8 S Krom Edition 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I had a 2008 Nissan crewcab Titan which was sideswiped by a high school student, I drove a rental Honda Civic for three weeks while the truck was in the bodyshop. Though I love trucks, and always have to have one around (I'm buying my son a smaller truck, he's 17) I absolutely loved the freedom of the better gas mileage of the Honda--$20 a week vs. $80 just minimal around town. But it felt cramped and uncomfortable to me, the ride wasn't great, etc. So I checked out and bought an '11 Cube steel grey Krom loaded with bluetooth, Nav, Xm, the works. It is a very comfortable car--it is a BLAST to drive, it has a very nice ride, and the CVT wrings quite a bit of performance out of the engine.

Favorite Features

The CVT/engine drivetrain is great. It actually gives better gas mileage than the 6 speed stick, and the engine felt gutless with the manual BUT NOT with the CVT. Even my wife's '08 Murano CVT is jerky by comparison, Nissan got this drivetrain RIGHT, the Cube accelerates very smoothly. This little car glides forward up to speed plenty quick enough. The headroom, the leg room, the seats are surprisingly comfortable, not quite as great as my wife's Murano for support but plenty nice (we are 100% Nissan family). The Fosgate stereo is pretty good, I had to back the bass to -4 to get a non boomy punchy bass I like, the steering wheel controls for satellite, cruise, and cell phone use FANTASTIC.

Suggested Improvements

So yeah the car is a little weird and attention getting I get some of the where do you put the detergent comments, but more people have asked me how I like it and like the car. I love it. It does have personality but most importantly is pretty functional. I prefer the non claustrophobic roominess for driver and passengers over a ton of cargo room--there is a surprisingly room behind the rear seat, more than you'd expec The wind noise they warn you about, it's true. I would consider re-weatherstripping the car if it would help, but most of my driving is around town and I don't mind the windnoise for the comfort and roominess compared to a tiny cramped econo car which is a little quieter.