2011 Nissan Cube - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cube model:
When you drive a box...
By dashofpepper on 03/22/14 09:25 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I think that most people take aerodynamic vehicles for granted these days. With a Cube, you're driving a box. A square box. When highway driving, road debris doesn't bounce off a Cube's windshield, it impacts. On a windy day, your cube shakes around the road because it's a box. I've had my cube for three years now, ever since my wife insisted on buying it, then refusing to drive it anymore and bequeathing it on me. The interior is comfortable, the car is roomy, but the things that matter don't deliver. Gas mileage tops out at 29-30mpg on the highway, a stiff breeze will blow my cube off the road, and every tiny pebble kicked up from the road is a crack in my Cube's windshield.

2011 Nissan Cube Red
By iggypop1 on 01/18/13 12:21 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Bought my 2011 Cube in Red, used, was about 11 months old, with about 16k miles, got it for about $14k total. I traded in my 2007 PT Cruiser for a Cube. I love the look/interior/headliner! I did NOT get the extras; 20 color lights/Rockford stereo/better seats/better ac/heat dial (wish I would have), but it is still a great car! Rides pretty bad (like a truck), and you have 2 hold the wheel at all times (very shaky and flimsy) BUT after I had the car a few months I was doing about 50 on the interstate and could not avoid a 12 foot piece of wooden fencing and I went right over it without ANY damage or problems! I love Nissan! BUT my PT was a much better car! I would buy another cube!!!!

This Dog Can Hunt!
By allan27 on 12/23/12 13:14 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2011 Nissan Cube a year ago and put over 60000 kilometers in that time. I have performed meticulous preventative maintenance and use symthetic oil. The car has been extremely reliable thus far and gets excellent fuel mileage! The Cube is very comfortable with thick padded seats and has plenty of headroom for tall people. My SL model is fully loaded with the likes of heated front seats, Navigation, Back-up camera, climate control and a Rockford Fosgate sound system mounted on the rear door. My only complaint is that the interior plastic paneling scratches very easily :(

Utilize the MPG technology
By rick119 on 09/11/12 11:57 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This is a great car! I have 34000 miles and it drives very good and quite comfortable. You must deduct about 2.2 mpg from the instant dash meter to get an accurate mpg est. that being said if I put my cruise control on 59-60 for a 55 mile stretch I get 41 mpg one way and 42 mpg back. That is after deducting the 2.2 mpg. I use syntheitic oil, I went to 9.9 pound wheels with a 35 oz spacer on all 4 wheels. In a week or so I will put on new oem size rubber but they weigh 2 pounds less than the oem tires. I use a light weight crank pulley as well. If you find a place that sells ethanol free gas it may help slightly. One pound of turning weight equals 4 pounds of static weight.

better than what even good reviews say
By kawolve on 04/03/12 19:25 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Cube 1.8 S Krom Edition 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We only buy Nissan in our family. Currently own a pathfinder, I traded in a fully loaded altima only 3 years old & completely paid off for the cube, there was no room in the altima for me, carseats and a 6'3 husband. Best decision to date. I have owned my Krom 10 months & room is great for groceries and car seats. Back seat adjusts, bonus. Gas mileage I was only getting about 25 city, until I hit about 8 k miles and rotate tires. I drive backroads daily for work, no highways. I get 30/31 now city and 36 when I drive the occasional highway, seriously. I fill my tank every 10-14 days, which is great. Downfall little compartment storage & not speedy, but I have adjusted. If it fits u buy it.

Soft Paint Job
By marty81 on 11/07/11 17:09 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I recently purchased a Nissan Cube from a dealer in Toms River, New Jersey. My Cube is parked in my garage each night. I have had the Cube five months now. After a few weeks I noticed scratches by the front left wheel, then some scratches on the hood, and in the back, and so on. Then I got stuck in the recent snow storm here in the northeast (October 2011). My car was covered with several inches of snow and I only had a plastic shovel to clear my car off with. Needless to say my car now has scratches from getting the snow off. There are also several more scratches I cannot attribute to the shovel that I assume were from the highway ride home thru the storm. Unfortunately, the warranty state

New Krom is Rad
By doctormac83 on 08/09/11 13:23 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Cube 1.8 S Krom Edition 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Traded my Ridgeline for a 2011 Krom to conserve fuel and because I no longer need a "big" car. I wanted something a bit different. And while I only have a thousand miles on the Nissan, I could not be happier. I also wanted to give Japan some business in light of the recent calamity. I got good value and feel that I did a good deed.

Hip to be square
By sr007 on 06/25/11 13:47 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Cube is different, huge interior, comfortable seats and features, and hip and cool. If you have to explain the cube, you will never get it. I just got mine 1800 miles ago and I absolutely love it. Traded in my mini cooper convertible with a terrible rough ride. Getting over 32 miles per gallon and hatchback and drop down rear seat makes storage very strong. Cube is a winner. It's hip to be square

My favorite little Bull Dog!
By sacchef on 05/21/11 20:58 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Got a Great deal at Dirito Brothers in Concord, Ca.! Love my Golden Ginger color. So far gas mileage has been awesome! first tank 37.5 second tank 36, mixed driving, light foot. My other car is a Mustang G.T. convertible, and I been using my Cube more! Looked at the Kia Soul, nice but rough ride and poor gas mileage, Looked at Honda Fit, more expensive and couldn't get comfortable in it ( I am 5'11 240 and 47y.o.) I kind of like the looks, really tired that most cars all look a like today.But I am really into Ikea too.Used to have a Chevy H.H.R., more cargo room, but only got 25 m.p.g., and really bad,front visibility & blind spots!

Pretty Cool!
By gonzalez101306 on 05/19/11 20:26 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have only had this a week and I really like it I don't see to many on the street so I feel like I have a unique advantage. My favorite is bluetooth and I like the color

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Nissan Cube in VA is:

$114 per month*