Dynamic vehicle in a unique package
By stapleface on
2010 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)
I've owned this car about 6 months now, and I feel I can now make an informed decision on it. When I was shopping for this vehicle, I considered the Xb, Soul, Fiesta/Mazda 2, Suzuki SX4 and the Matrix/Vibe. What sold me on this one was the overall value the cube represents. The vehicle is deceptively big inside. I'm 6'1 and have about 8 inches of headroom. The interior can swallow a lot of stuff. The available features for the money are impressive. Traction control, wheel mounted stereo controls, bluetooth, iPod connectivity. The car gets fairly decent gas mileage. The biggest holdup is it's shape. A brick isn't very aerodynamic. If I had to do it over, I would buy this car again.
Favorite Features
This small vehicle is capable of carrying a whole lot of stuff. The cargo capacity is pretty incredible for a vehicle of this size. The seating position is a plus too. While this is a small car, sitting up higher allows one to be on par with many of the SUV's on the road today and able to see around them. Also having a higher profile vehicle allows it to be seen by more people too. The exterior styling is very polarizing. I happen to love it. It's one of the more unique cars on the road. The traction control works well, and is fairly unobtrusive. The brakes work very good as well. The bluetooth and iPod connectivity is a real plus for a vehicle in this price range.
Suggested Improvements
More engine choices. The 1.8 is adequate, but perhaps Nissan could make a performance version of this vehicle. The 1.6t from the Juke would probably be enough to garner the buyers who are looking for a bit more oomph. The front seat passenger needs their own arm rest. Or a center console with one large armrest and storage would be helpful. An ability to fold the seats flat into the floor would be helpful and provide even more room. There should be more impactful color choices. Nissan dropped the ball with the lack of dynamic and vivid colors for such a unique vehicle. The center dome light should be round, not rectangular. It seems out of place in the headliner ripple.