Used 2010 Nissan Cube Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Cube - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cube model:

I love my krom edition Nissan cube
By KROMBEE

2010 Nissan Cube 1.8 S Krom Edition 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Love cube at first sight! I love its unique design wrapped with many glasses! I chose between the sl model and krom. My favorite color is scarlet red but they don't have it in krom edition. Finally, I picked my steel Grey krom edition instead because it's fully loaded. I would say that I made a good decision even though I paid more $ but it comes with push button ignition, rear view monitor, front fascia and grille, & rear roof spoiler, aluminum-trimmed pedals and usb connectivity (iPodŽ- compatible)! It looks very unique & cute. The cube is so roomy and the performance was better than my old matrix xr esp. The tight turning radius. It's fun to drive with and I got many compliments.

Favorite Features

fuel economy, unique exterior & interior design, cute fridge design rear door, bluetooth hands-free phone system, i-pod compatible USB input, front fascia and grille, rear roof spoiler,20-color interior accent lighting, aluminum- trimmed pedal,rear-view monitor, tight turning radius,comfy seats,roomy

Suggested Improvements

I like sun shades bigger than regular but not that big. Ha ha. 16" alloy wheels is a little bit small, no fog lamps for the krom and please add "scarlet red" or more colors to choose for the krom.

Sun Visors Dangerous
By Sandra

2010 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Visors are too big, they come down to low, blocking most of driver's front windshield view. Have to push all the way back towards window and still it's hard to safely see out. Also they are not wide enough to help block sun through side window except for about 2" of very front area. Coming over Pacheco Pass with grand kids and we had sun directly through front window. Even my teenage grandson had a hard time maneuvering his visor. Plus trying to quickly adjust from front window to side was so dangerous, I almost wrecked into the guard rail a couple of times. I am very uncomfortable with these visors Now we have to find visors to buy that fit and do the job the right way. Anyone else agree?

Favorite Features

Seats very comfortable, good gas mileage, accelerates quickly, going 80 mph before I even got onto freeway from merging lane. Swinging open back door easy to handle.

Suggested Improvements

Sun visors a must I would think. There is also an annoying wind noise coming through windows when driving at 55 mph or more, with all windows closed tight too.

Cube is Good & Safe. I Don't Mind It.
By CubeIsSexy!^_^

2010 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Got my car 5 months ago & have put 13+k miles on it. Great drive and reliable at braking (especially with crazy drivers). I drive from LA to OC everyday. You don't hear any wind noise if you blast on the music when driving on the fwy. Great acceleration but makes noise when going too fast. Get sunglasses (you'll need them!). You'll get used to the window reflections after a while. Nice air conditioning-good thing it has one because you'll need it if you don't like wind noise. Shakes a lot during very hard windy seasons. At first driving, small winds make the car move and shake (you'll get used to that, too). Stay away from road cracks-tire traction grips them all! Back is roomy for lunch naps.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel controls. I love my iPod & the connector & tinted Windows. If you forget your iPod in the car (plugged in)-the thieves can't see it. Glove compartment looks small but holds lots of stuff. Trunk door is nice-opens like a fridge & keeps you away from traffic. Gas mileage is great below 70 mph.

Suggested Improvements

Needs arm rest on passenger side & Sunroof. Visor needs some work. Every Cube needs to come with a Trunk protector from thieves and other people viewing the car. Need to come in different colors. More storage compartments. Need hooks for clothes/hangers. Gas mileage poor after speeding over 70+ MPH.

Love it!
By tIgHtLiLbOx

2010 Nissan Cube 1.8 Base 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Checked out a couple other makes of cars, saw the cube on the lot and was turned off by it's odd style. Came back to the dealer later, test drove it and FELL IN LOVE! Special ordered a 6 speed as my dealer only had CVT auto transmissions which I didn't want. I have since driven over 3000 miles and LOVE IT! Rides beautifully, comfortable (seats could use a little more support but livable). I have sound deadened the whole car and hence removed the whole interior, this car is a well compact car. Interesting design that everyone looks at twice. I would buy a cube again if I had it to do over!

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, people will talk to you about it randomly (crowd pleaser). 6 speed manual makes it enjoyable to dart through town with. Honestly it's one of my favorite cars I've ever driven. Love IT!

Suggested Improvements

A little more pick up on the throttle would be nice but better then other compact cars. Front seats seem comfortable at first but don't have ANY side to side control at all. I like being held in my seat in a hard corner.

1.8 With Good CVT - Bang!
By AEB

2010 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Measuring the Toyota XB, Hundai Tuson, and Kia Soul for dollars and sense. The Cube came on top for me. If you are seeking 100% Japan made econo utility vehicle with functionality, the Cube is a home run. It s an excellent commuter and can comfortably travel long distances. The wind does become turbulent and feels light in the front end above 80 mph, but what other encono -vehicle doesn't. You drive any 15 to 20 K$ car and tell me it drives like BMW feel at 80 mph. I think people tend to get over critical on value vs. quality. Remember this car was made in Japan for 10 years before coming to the states. It is a small multi-purpose vehicle for 30 mpg on regular. This is a great car for the US

Favorite Features

Comfort is King, well designed engine and transmission. The CVT keeps the engine on the torque curve. Functional as the Japanese view it. Sound, and storage are excellent. Cool sliding and reclining rear seats. A solid Bull Dog stance for city and highway driving. Value, Value, Value bottom line.

Suggested Improvements

Passenger arm rest. Rear seat ventilation - roof venting. Bigger front and rear sway bars to deal with the wind so the speed bandits don't freak out when driving 80 mph.