2010 Nissan Cube Wagon Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Cube - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cube model:

2010 Cube Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
This car drives terrible on the highway especially with any wind.
By portcitycoin

2010 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This car is good for local driving and that's about it. I don't know where all the good reviews are coming from however my Nissan Cube is terrible driving on the highway if there is wind and I mean terrible. Also wind noise from highway driving is aweful sounds like window is partly open.

Favorite Features

Roomy inside

Suggested Improvements

Improve wind noise and design this car gets tossed around on the highway when windy feels like I am driving a large box truck.

Cube alignment
By tippyriver

2010 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

A four wheel alignment can cost over $1000 if the rear is out of spec. Nissan Cube has a non adjustable rear axle and Nissan will Not warrant replacement if out of spec. Shims are Not approved. Rotating tires hides the factory problem and shortens tire life.

Favorite Features

Interior space

Suggested Improvements

Visibility of panel gauges, Adjustable alignment rear end.

Dynamic vehicle in a unique package
By stapleface

2010 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned this car about 6 months now, and I feel I can now make an informed decision on it. When I was shopping for this vehicle, I considered the Xb, Soul, Fiesta/Mazda 2, Suzuki SX4 and the Matrix/Vibe. What sold me on this one was the overall value the cube represents. The vehicle is deceptively big inside. I'm 6'1 and have about 8 inches of headroom. The interior can swallow a lot of stuff. The available features for the money are impressive. Traction control, wheel mounted stereo controls, bluetooth, iPod connectivity. The car gets fairly decent gas mileage. The biggest holdup is it's shape. A brick isn't very aerodynamic. If I had to do it over, I would buy this car again.

Favorite Features

This small vehicle is capable of carrying a whole lot of stuff. The cargo capacity is pretty incredible for a vehicle of this size. The seating position is a plus too. While this is a small car, sitting up higher allows one to be on par with many of the SUV's on the road today and able to see around them. Also having a higher profile vehicle allows it to be seen by more people too. The exterior styling is very polarizing. I happen to love it. It's one of the more unique cars on the road. The traction control works well, and is fairly unobtrusive. The brakes work very good as well. The bluetooth and iPod connectivity is a real plus for a vehicle in this price range.

Suggested Improvements

More engine choices. The 1.8 is adequate, but perhaps Nissan could make a performance version of this vehicle. The 1.6t from the Juke would probably be enough to garner the buyers who are looking for a bit more oomph. The front seat passenger needs their own arm rest. Or a center console with one large armrest and storage would be helpful. An ability to fold the seats flat into the floor would be helpful and provide even more room. There should be more impactful color choices. Nissan dropped the ball with the lack of dynamic and vivid colors for such a unique vehicle. The center dome light should be round, not rectangular. It seems out of place in the headliner ripple.

love my cube!!!!!
By janzoo

2010 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Back in October I was given the cube to drive while husband's car being serviced. When I looked at it I said, "You have got to be kidding!" Well, after driving it for 36 hours - I was in love! Traded in my 3 year old Civic and have not regretted it once. This car makes you happy! Fun, kwirky, economical and smart - this is an under-sung great little but roomy car! Also, it was a real champ in the snow this past winter. Am thrilled with my gas mileage as well. I average between no less then 31 mpg and up to 35mpg - which did seem to increase after the 3,000 mile mark. In my 40 some years of driving I have never loved a car. I do now.

Favorite Features

Visibility is better then the family van. Love the height of the seats - ease of getting in and out. Get the upgraded sound system it is so worth it. Ease of loading stuff in the rear. oh and the keyless feature is one I will never do without again.

Suggested Improvements

From reading the 2011 reviews, sounds like Nissan has fixed the noise issue. I just turn up the music.

ijustlovemycube
By KC'sMom

2010 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

After doing some researched, comparing with Scion XB & Kia Soul, I thought I didn't like the shape of the Cube's back/butt, I thought of a bumble bee. But when I test drove it,I couldn't stop thinking about it when I got home. The next day went back to the dealer & decided to purchased the Cube for better gas mileage, design/style, price & lower APR, durability & reliability, I hope-since this is our 1st Nissan (like our 2 other dependable Toyota's)to mention some advantages over the other 2 I considered. I am very happy w/ this car, it feels like I'm driving a small SUV, smooth ride & handling. My son loves to ride it,too as he can recline the back seat.

Favorite Features

better gas mileage (compared to my SUV),cute style & design, smooth ride, easy to maneuver, high driver seat, fridge style trunk door,etc.

Suggested Improvements

window needs to be a little darker if it's legal- too bright on ur eyes,expandable window sun visor- a must, passenger arm rest,center console

I love my krom edition Nissan cube
By KROMBEE

2010 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 S Krom Edition 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Love cube at first sight! I love its unique design wrapped with many glasses! I chose between the sl model and krom. My favorite color is scarlet red but they don't have it in krom edition. Finally, I picked my steel Grey krom edition instead because it's fully loaded. I would say that I made a good decision even though I paid more $ but it comes with push button ignition, rear view monitor, front fascia and grille, & rear roof spoiler, aluminum-trimmed pedals and usb connectivity (iPodŽ- compatible)! It looks very unique & cute. The cube is so roomy and the performance was better than my old matrix xr esp. The tight turning radius. It's fun to drive with and I got many compliments.

Favorite Features

fuel economy, unique exterior & interior design, cute fridge design rear door, bluetooth hands-free phone system, i-pod compatible USB input, front fascia and grille, rear roof spoiler,20-color interior accent lighting, aluminum- trimmed pedal,rear-view monitor, tight turning radius,comfy seats,roomy

Suggested Improvements

I like sun shades bigger than regular but not that big. Ha ha. 16" alloy wheels is a little bit small, no fog lamps for the krom and please add "scarlet red" or more colors to choose for the krom.

Sun Visors Dangerous
By Sandra

2010 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Visors are too big, they come down to low, blocking most of driver's front windshield view. Have to push all the way back towards window and still it's hard to safely see out. Also they are not wide enough to help block sun through side window except for about 2" of very front area. Coming over Pacheco Pass with grand kids and we had sun directly through front window. Even my teenage grandson had a hard time maneuvering his visor. Plus trying to quickly adjust from front window to side was so dangerous, I almost wrecked into the guard rail a couple of times. I am very uncomfortable with these visors Now we have to find visors to buy that fit and do the job the right way. Anyone else agree?

Favorite Features

Seats very comfortable, good gas mileage, accelerates quickly, going 80 mph before I even got onto freeway from merging lane. Swinging open back door easy to handle.

Suggested Improvements

Sun visors a must I would think. There is also an annoying wind noise coming through windows when driving at 55 mph or more, with all windows closed tight too.

Cube is Good & Safe. I Don't Mind It.
By CubeIsSexy!^_^

2010 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Got my car 5 months ago & have put 13+k miles on it. Great drive and reliable at braking (especially with crazy drivers). I drive from LA to OC everyday. You don't hear any wind noise if you blast on the music when driving on the fwy. Great acceleration but makes noise when going too fast. Get sunglasses (you'll need them!). You'll get used to the window reflections after a while. Nice air conditioning-good thing it has one because you'll need it if you don't like wind noise. Shakes a lot during very hard windy seasons. At first driving, small winds make the car move and shake (you'll get used to that, too). Stay away from road cracks-tire traction grips them all! Back is roomy for lunch naps.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel controls. I love my iPod & the connector & tinted Windows. If you forget your iPod in the car (plugged in)-the thieves can't see it. Glove compartment looks small but holds lots of stuff. Trunk door is nice-opens like a fridge & keeps you away from traffic. Gas mileage is great below 70 mph.

Suggested Improvements

Needs arm rest on passenger side & Sunroof. Visor needs some work. Every Cube needs to come with a Trunk protector from thieves and other people viewing the car. Need to come in different colors. More storage compartments. Need hooks for clothes/hangers. Gas mileage poor after speeding over 70+ MPH.

Love it!
By tIgHtLiLbOx

2010 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 Base 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Checked out a couple other makes of cars, saw the cube on the lot and was turned off by it's odd style. Came back to the dealer later, test drove it and FELL IN LOVE! Special ordered a 6 speed as my dealer only had CVT auto transmissions which I didn't want. I have since driven over 3000 miles and LOVE IT! Rides beautifully, comfortable (seats could use a little more support but livable). I have sound deadened the whole car and hence removed the whole interior, this car is a well compact car. Interesting design that everyone looks at twice. I would buy a cube again if I had it to do over!

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, people will talk to you about it randomly (crowd pleaser). 6 speed manual makes it enjoyable to dart through town with. Honestly it's one of my favorite cars I've ever driven. Love IT!

Suggested Improvements

A little more pick up on the throttle would be nice but better then other compact cars. Front seats seem comfortable at first but don't have ANY side to side control at all. I like being held in my seat in a hard corner.

1.8 With Good CVT - Bang!
By AEB

2010 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Measuring the Toyota XB, Hundai Tuson, and Kia Soul for dollars and sense. The Cube came on top for me. If you are seeking 100% Japan made econo utility vehicle with functionality, the Cube is a home run. It s an excellent commuter and can comfortably travel long distances. The wind does become turbulent and feels light in the front end above 80 mph, but what other encono -vehicle doesn't. You drive any 15 to 20 K$ car and tell me it drives like BMW feel at 80 mph. I think people tend to get over critical on value vs. quality. Remember this car was made in Japan for 10 years before coming to the states. It is a small multi-purpose vehicle for 30 mpg on regular. This is a great car for the US

Favorite Features

Comfort is King, well designed engine and transmission. The CVT keeps the engine on the torque curve. Functional as the Japanese view it. Sound, and storage are excellent. Cool sliding and reclining rear seats. A solid Bull Dog stance for city and highway driving. Value, Value, Value bottom line.

Suggested Improvements

Passenger arm rest. Rear seat ventilation - roof venting. Bigger front and rear sway bars to deal with the wind so the speed bandits don't freak out when driving 80 mph.