Used 2009 Nissan Cube Wagon Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cube model:

cube lover
By Frank Byrne

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I am super glad I made this purchase
By Sherrie

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

From the outside of the Cube, it looks like it has decent space. But once you get in it, the amount of space it has is even more comfortable. I am 5 feet and a 1/2 inch tall and it fits me perfectly. I did not even have to get used to driving it because I fit right into it the first time around. I have to load up a wheelchair for my mom and it fits right into the back. The door on the back is not a hatchback like you'd expect. It has a door that opens up like a van, only it is one door making putting things into the back all that much more easy. The controls right on the steering wheel make it easier to stay focused on the road. I like how the cruise control technology works in it. In my other car it was more difficult to manage. I get nice gas mileage as well, just as good as my old car and yet I've got better space since my old car was smaller. The only thing I would have liked to be better was for the interior cosmetics to be a little more luxurious, but the overall design of the interior is well put together nice and sturdy making me feel that it will last for many, many years to come. So, this does offset not having the luxurious feel. However, the seats feel luxurious and they are well made and where the dashboard is for the mileage is pretty cool as well as the lights that you can light up at night at the bottom where your feet sit. I highly recommend getting a cube.

Best Car Ever!
By Chuck Sargent

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Update: At 183000 miles i will need rear brakes soon. Small leak in one rear shock. Need a catalytic converter (my fault, left car idling with ac on for hours at a time, never over heated even on hottest days. This car is a keeper.

Very comfortable and fun to drive. Lots of space inside. I travel a lot and rent many different cars, coming home to the Cube is very satisfying. Have stayed on top of maintenance. Keep a close eye on CVT fluid levels after a change. I change it in half the recommended miles, less expensive to maintain than repair. Best car I've ever owned. Bought one for wife, she felt the same, it's unique, fun, easy to drive and inexpensive to own.

@88,000 miles stilla great car
By joseph mills

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We bought this car new in 2010 as a left over 2009 and it's been a great little car. Never been in the shop once for a repair, none of the cvt troubles or anything. We are passing this car to my daughter now it has 88,000 miles and the interior still looks new and the outside is great looking and shinny with just normal rock chips and door dings. We take good care of our cars, this has been my wife's favorite for a number of years now. After reading several bad reviews about these cars I have to wonder if it isn't the owners more than the cars or maybe we just got the magic Cube that was built better than the rest. Update car now has 97000 miles and my daughter is now driving it to school and yet to have a single problem with this car, no complaints period. To bad they won't sell new ones in the states.

Poor quality - 2009 Nissan Cube 6 speed
By may

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 Base 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I like the appearance of the car, it looks refreshing and innovative. However, I knew the CVT would be a major headache down the road, so I chose the 6 speed version. Unfortunately, other problems developed pre-maturely: the muffler and the exhaust pipe fell off due to a rusted connection at 45000 miles, 5 years. Replacing the entire assembly costs over $850, I have never owned any car with the muffler system lasting only 45000 miles or less than 5 years, and it costs so much to fix. To add insult to injury, during the hottest days of the season this year, the air conditioning failed. This is a poorly made car, with below average quality control. I believe this model was terminated last year. Need I say more ? But I have to say to myself, beauty is only skin deep !!