2009 Nissan Cube Consumer Review: Transmission problem

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon - Consumer Review

Transmission problem
By jloth on

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2009 Cube in July of 2009. I now have 10,500 miles on it. Recently, on a trip to view the Fall colors, I noticed a surging feeling when going over 50 mph. It was like every 10 seconds, the RPM's would rev between the 2 and 3 on the dial. Called the dealer and took it in for service. Diagnosis, a solenoid was not working properly. I have to have a brand new transmission put in the car. Yes it is under warranty, but still, this concerns me. So to everyone considering the Cube, do your research. It is a fun car to drive, you won't see yourself coming and going,it is good on gas, a piece of cake to park.. but this transmission issue had taken the glimmer off of it for me.

Ease of parking, unique appearance and the ability to load things in the car and not need anyone's van. Easy to get in and out of, especially if you are a person with arthritis of back/hips.

Make sure the transmissions are up to grade. It is a bit noisy, so sound insulation improvements would be wonderful. A little smoother ride would also be nice.