2009 Nissan Cube 1.8L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Nissan should be ashamed of

2009 Nissan Cube - Consumer Review

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

1.8 S Wagon (1.8L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

Nissan should be ashamed of itself!
By shogun17 on

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I had a reservation for a mid-size car with National at Sarasota airport. When my flight arrived, I was told all they had for me was a Nissan Cube. Well, it certainly did not look like a mid-size car, but I had no choice. I used it for a week and put on over 600 miles. First impression was that it was the ugliest thing I had ever seen. It looked like an aquarium on wheels. The car had a cvt transmission which nissan does a good job with as car is grossly underpowered. Wind noise at 75mph is unbelievable, no power on tap for passing, no feedback from steering and a confusing and illogical dash. It is the worst nissan vehicle I have ever driven and I have always liked and owned their products.

Favorite Features

Head room

Suggested Improvements

Send it to the crusher and start all over again. My wife's 2009 Elantra rides like a Lexus compared to this piece of junk! One thing it does do well is to turn heads as people have commented about how strange looking it is! Only a preteen girl commented that it was cute.