2009 Nissan Cube Consumer Review: haven't regretted it one bit!

2009 Nissan Cube - Consumer Review

1.8 S Wagon (1.8L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

haven't regretted it one bit!
By Combusto on

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Since I was replacing an old small pickup I wanted something with space that wasn't an SUV and it had to be comfortable. The cube is EXACTLY what I wanted. I used the cash for clunkers program so I had to go with the CVT but it works wonderfully, better than any auto could dream of. It did take some getting used to but the smoothness it returns is worth it. You don't climb into a cube, you sort of slide into it. The low flat floor and wide doors make ingress/egress drama free, even for grandparents and our greyhound. I can't say there's really anything wrong with the car, a few niggles maybe but that's it. The price tag might hint at "budget car" but the car itself screams "DRIVE ME!"

CVT and the 1.8; smooth, quiet and good mpg's. The sliding/reclining rear seat is a nice touch and I love never hitting my head on a top opening hatch. The seats are fantastic, and the overall interior is spacious and very inviting. I guess my favorite feature is the whole car.

Some kind of center stack with some storage and a passenger arm rest are tops on the list. Maybe some better tie down points in the cargo area, I don't trust the plastic ones. Oh, and a foldable cargo cover, the one it comes with has a solid bar across it for rigidity but it's a pain to store.