2009 Nissan Cube Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cube model:
Retro-Modern
By JR on 06/29/09 21:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Eye catching, smooth riding, comfortable, amazing headroom and visibility, consistently over 31 mpg. Loads of cargo space, comfortably seats 5 adults. many features available as much higher priced cars.

Getting "Cubed" isn't just in geometry
By RDK on 06/23/09 19:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I test drove the Soul Sport and the Soul+. There was no comparison with the Cube, The Soul had a choppy ride and was less nimble than the Cube. The Soul looked like every other car. The Cube is comfortable..the rear seat is like a couch/recliner. Nissan used the Maxima's foam rubber in all the seats. Controls are easy to use and if you can't see the top 1/4 of the dash (in an earlier review) there is seat height adjustment. I have found minimal road noise at speed. The BEST part of the Cube is the MPG. I have consistently been getting 34-36 mpg combined city/hwy mileage. The engine has a timing chain instead of the rubber ones that need replacing at 60,000 miles. I couldn't be happier!

Love it! Looking for another one!
By Stephiehawk on 06/22/09 19:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I never thought we would own anything that looks like this, but wow! We are now looking for the color I want so I can have one too! We bought the Krom in steel grey. It's gorgeous! It turns on a dime and you don't feel like you're in a box. You really cannot fully appreciate it until you sit in it. It's relaxing and smooth riding to me. I haven't noticed any excessive outside wind noise yet. Gets a lot of attention that's for sure. I also feel you get a lot for the price.

Love the gas mileage
By Steve Brooks on 06/18/09 07:41 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Gave in to the wife's wishes to go for the quirky styling and better gas mileage. It sure gets it's share of thumbs-ups and curious looks, which is good because we have sign graphics for our business on the back window. Unexpected 30.5mpg mileage for her daily 140-mile roundtrip to a new office, 50% better mileage than our Pathfinder. This alone will save us $200 a month. I like a lot of features, esp. with the SL package, and some I don't like, see below.

WE LOVE IT!
By Romero on 06/17/09 10:10 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

My husband finally had to give up his Nissan Frontier for commuting (265,000 miles on it). We started looking at other Nissan's, even a Pathfinder, when we saw the Cube sitting on the lot. I begged him to test drive it, he got out and said, "Let's do it." He's been like a kid in a candy shop ever since!! Every day he finds something new he likes about it. It's a lot of fun.

Solid Car with style
By Paul on 06/16/09 22:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have traded in my 06 Acura TL w/ Navi. Since I was sick of driving TL (Don't get me wrong. TL is a nice car), I wanted to get infiniti G37x or Nissan 370 Z. However, my wife liked the look of Cube, and she liked it because of high gas mileage compared to our 06 TL and 07 MDX. I had this car for 4 days. So far, this car gives me a good gas mileage, and I get a lot of attention from people because of its unique appearance. Cube is roomier than it looks and 1.8 SL with SL package gives you many useful features. Interior lighting features and luminating kick plate add an accent to the car as well. Driving is not as powerful as TL, however, it serves its purpose with decency. Very nice car

Fun
By mthay on 06/16/09 20:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

We bought the Cube yesterday and my husband has a seeing eye dog and he has plenty of room in the back seat. I have had several people ask me about the car and I tell them try one you will like it. I love it we also have a Honda Odessay but use the Cube in town and have a ball.

Cubed
By Ice-Cube on 06/09/09 23:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Picked up my Krom a week ago and I'm 250 miles in. A couple minor bugs but overall very happy. I'm 6'4" and have plenty of room. Comfortable seats, quiet ride and great creature features. Plenty of power although the CVT takes awhile to get accustomed to. Very fun to drive and fit and finish are very good.

definetly unique
By moonbaby on 06/09/09 22:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Today, I was introduce to the "cube". I even test drove it. At first I was like uh... I dunno. But then I saw the White one and I was like hmmm... I'm actually liking this. I have never been interested in buying a box type of car. But I found this one to be different. The more I looked at it, the more I liked it! However, it did remind me a lil bit of a circus feel, but I think that it makes it fun. The gas mileage is grreat, the price isn't too bad, compared to other vehicles. I thought it only looked good in White. Throw on some tint, and Nice wheels. And it's gonna look good! Overall, I think people will buy this for the good mileage and the fair price. I'll probably go buy one next week!

Awesome Vehicle
By Mike S on 06/09/09 18:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This vehicle has design appeal, something I wanted without paying luxury pricing. The controls in the car are very techno, handling is superb. I had five adults in the car, and everyone was comfortable. Air Conditioning works great, very important since I live in Arizona. My only disappointment is that the Radio is not XM ready. I have contacted Nissan about this, and hopefully this can be resolved without using a FM modulated aftermarket unit. Since I have just taken delivery on my vehicle, it is hard to get into the mechanical aspects, but find it generally very tight and responsive. Great job Nissan design team!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Cube Wagon in VA is:

$116 per month*