Used 2009 Nissan Cube Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Cube - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Cube

View reviews for a specific Cube model:

Nice little/big ride
By MarvinWv

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

it is like a mini mini van. seats sit tall and there is all kinds of space.. if you also wish to get attention in a car this is the one.. it is like the VW of the 2000's. It also does well in the snow with the traction control device.. it is almost like having 4wd. packed full of safety features.. five star rated.. and for the money you cant beat it. My oldest boy has room in the back seat and he is 6ft (15yrs old) leg and head room.. no problem. try it you will like it.. oh and the modern transmission is something to get used to.. i keep waiting for it to change gears...it is a constraint change you never feel it.

Favorite Features

favorite feature is the traction control.. and the modern transmission.. the aero package is great.. improves the looks of the car.

Suggested Improvements

improvements..hmmm ill get back to you

Love My Cube
By Bec55

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned my Cube since October 2009. We immediately took it on a thousand mile trip from mid NC to Ohio and back. It was great. Lots of room for me, the hubby and 2 dogs. I wouldn't change a thing. Road noise is not an issue. It has no more road noise than my 2003 Corolla. It drives great on the interstate as well as in town. I am getting 32.5 mpg consistently. While in Ohio, my sister liked mine so much, she has since purchased one as well and loves it as much as I love mine. My husband loves the head and leg room.

Favorite Features

Love the cup holders, the moveable back seat, and the oversized side mirrors. Virtually no blind spots. Of course I love the overall body design. I get lots of stares. It is so fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of.

Not perfect, but I love it
By DeeTee

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Well I was the first one to write a review about this car. I have now been driving it for 5+ months, and I have 12,313 miles on it. It is a lot of fun to drive, sure it isn't fast but then again that's not the point of an econobox. I average about 31 mpg in mixed driving. Comfortable, ROOOOMY, and still gets a lot of attention both good and bad, I prefer the bad =D. I have had issues with the fuel gauge meter, had to be replaced, and it had to be realigned TWICE already. Brakes started screeching after 3,000 miles, but dealer will fix. All in all, it is a great buy, fun to drive, and am very pleased with my choice of car.

Favorite Features

Design, MPG, Turning radius is awesome, folding/ sliding seats. Radio works just great, but I do plan on upgrading audio system in the near future. Great visibility, and great for customizing. Suggested improvements start here: sun visors stink, big small mirrors w/ no lights,windshield is a BUG CATCHER

Suggested Improvements

Well, I had previously mentioned in my first review that the sl package should be more affordable for the S trim, and guess what, they made it happen. Now for 2020 you dont have to pay $2000+ for bluetooth/steering wheel controls, 6 speakers/ iPOD integration! too bad I dont have those though.

Fun to Drive
By ann50

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Have owned for about a month, so far, I love this vehicle. Decided to downsize from CRV for better gas mileage. I am so far averaging about 26mpg. I do have a lead foot, so this may affect the numbers. Love the sound system, keyless starter. Very roomy. Some wind noise at higher speeds on hwy. This car is so much fun to drive that the small negatives are outweighed.

Favorite Features

CVT engine, sound system, lots of room and also higher seats feel like small SUV

Suggested Improvements

roof racks, more storage areas,sun roof and leather (optional)

Cubing
By Greta427

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I recently purchased the new Nissan Cube for my 1.5 hour each way commuter vehicle. The Cube replaced my much loved VW New Beetle. I had researched quite a few smaller commuter cars and this is the only one I found that had any SPUNK! Spending 3 hours a day in my car it has to be something that I like to drive. I looked at so many other small car entry's and the all lacked personality, they were all very boring. My first reaction to this was, eew...what is that? But then, it grew on me. I decided it deserved a test drive. I got so many looks on the test drive and the car held its own on the highway passing easily and nimble handling. Auto tranny kept up fine. Love this car!!! SL Pref pack A+.

Favorite Features

Funky interior design-like a wave/teardrop etc. Lots of cupholders. Adjustable backseat, both for leg room and the back reclines for passenger comfort! Built in XM radio and MP3 port. Unique frigde door hatch. Love the drivers side cupholder.

Suggested Improvements

Passenger side ARM rest is a must, sunroof option, cupholder placement could be better and possible leather or leatherette option for those of us with dogs & kids would be nice. Bluetooth mircophone could be better placed. Soungs terrible to callers :(