Used 2009 Nissan Cube Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Cube - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cube model:

Great car for the money!
By Tallync

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

There are so many features that I love that anything bad is totally outweighed. The backseat moving forward and back has been a life saver in hauling things! It drives very smooth most of the time, although CVT is hard to get used to after always having an automatic. It has a tendency to rev up if you push the pedal down too fast, which can be irritating until you're used to it. The gas mileage has always been in the 28-30 range that they advertise, but never higher. Took a roadtrip 800 miles each way and seats were comfy. Overall, I still really love this car after 6500 miles. I have had no quality or reliability problems and Nissan has always addressed my concerns promptly.

Cupholders everywhere; backseat can move; seats are comfortable; tells me how many miles until I need to fill up; gas mileage is true to ads; very roomy and spacious;

This is my first brand new car and I think it's perfect as a starter car. You can't beat the quality for the price!

Almost perfect commuter car
By Oregon Commuter

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I wanted something better for my mixed commute of ~55 miles RT everyday. I wanted to spend $15K. I looked at what I could get in the used market - 3-4 year old Civic/Camry/Corolla/Accord, out of warranty, generic, and boring! (So THAT'S where all the Oldsmobile drivers went!) Tried the Versa, but it felt small and wobbly. Dealer urged me to try the Cube. Wife described it as "The ugliest car I've ever seen." Drove it, went home and researched it, then bought it. Been driving it for almost 3 months now (5500 mi). Huge interior, surprisingly good handling & acceleration (no sports car). Looking for performance? Wrong choice. Looking for great point A to point B transport? You found it!

CVT - with traction control I could get around in wet snow when others (incl 4WD) were stuck on hills. 29+ combined at the pump. Ext design - goofy enough to still make me smile. Huge seats and headroom, MP3 jack, std AC/PW/PDL/PM/CC, 6-way adj driver seat, trip computer, etc. Great value!

Visors are the worst, literally unusable for me - too low in the front and too short for the side. Roof rails & passenger arm rest would be nice. All kinds of things I could throw out here (wet bar anyone?), but I am VERY happy with the features & performance I got for the price I paid.

the best
By mark connolley

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 Base 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The Cube is an odd ball but an eye catcher. It drives great, it is getting average 33mpg. The base model has pwr windows,locks,ac and great sound system. I work out of it and the seats fold down to give me plenty of room. The Cube is on a Stanza chassis which is a lot better ride on bumpy roads than my wife's Versa. thanks nissan

6 speed std transmission, the inside room, all the cup holders. my insurance is cheaper because of the six air bags.

The only thing the car needs extensions on the sunvisors to block the sun from the side.

Nice little/big ride
By MarvinWv

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

it is like a mini mini van. seats sit tall and there is all kinds of space.. if you also wish to get attention in a car this is the one.. it is like the VW of the 2000's. It also does well in the snow with the traction control device.. it is almost like having 4wd. packed full of safety features.. five star rated.. and for the money you cant beat it. My oldest boy has room in the back seat and he is 6ft (15yrs old) leg and head room.. no problem. try it you will like it.. oh and the modern transmission is something to get used to.. i keep waiting for it to change gears...it is a constraint change you never feel it.

favorite feature is the traction control.. and the modern transmission.. the aero package is great.. improves the looks of the car.

improvements..hmmm ill get back to you

Love My Cube
By Bec55

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned my Cube since October 2009. We immediately took it on a thousand mile trip from mid NC to Ohio and back. It was great. Lots of room for me, the hubby and 2 dogs. I wouldn't change a thing. Road noise is not an issue. It has no more road noise than my 2003 Corolla. It drives great on the interstate as well as in town. I am getting 32.5 mpg consistently. While in Ohio, my sister liked mine so much, she has since purchased one as well and loves it as much as I love mine. My husband loves the head and leg room.

Love the cup holders, the moveable back seat, and the oversized side mirrors. Virtually no blind spots. Of course I love the overall body design. I get lots of stares. It is so fun to drive.

None that I can think of.