2009 Nissan Cube - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cube model:
Nissan Cube Review
By Jacek P. Drozda on 08/25/09 14:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The cube is absolutely amazing. It's like getting a minivan for the price of a Honda Fit. It's fun to drive due to stability control system, abs the acceleration is more than adequate, I'm over 6'1 and feel that there is plenty of space in front as well as in the rear, there is an incredible amount of headroom. You feel like you are driving a small bus, with turning and braking of a sports car. I recently went to home depot and after reclining back seats I was able to fit the screen door! I bought this car for my wife and I drive the bmw coupe myself which I rate 10/10 but still enjoy the CUBE after driving my beemer.

Love my Cube
By artj65 on 08/25/09 12:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have had a 2009 Cube S for a couple weeks now. Wow what a fun car! Im 44 years old and have owned many different makes and models of cars and trucks over the years but this new nissan is really something special. My 2 small children ages 5 and 2 fit really well in the back seat (in child seats) My wife is tall and she says it has more leg room than anything she has ever rode in. Fuel economy is really good, I drove it this past week on a 2 hour drive and got just over 30MPG at interstate speeds running AC. I like that the Back seats adjust back and forth a little to allow a little more space behind the back seats. Just right for all those grocery bags.

Great big/little ride
By lcourtney on 08/23/09 15:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this about 3 weeks ago and am very happy. After researching, I thought I would try the Cube. Very nice. I would recommend this car for anyone who wants a smooth ride combined with great mpg. I am getting about 32-33. My husband who is blessed with long legs and big feet, found his 6 foot 2 inch frame fits fine. He can move his foot from gas pedal to brake without problem. People are surprised at the roomy interior. For such a small car it makes a powerful statement.

The rounded cube!
By Cube lover on 08/19/09 17:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased the car two weeks ago. While having initial doubts, I have to admit that I love this car. I have a combined city/HWY of 30.5 MPG. This is much better than I expected and what it is rated for. It is very comfortable and I like the bluetooth. It drives smoothly below the 70 miles. If you expect to drive at a higher speed, this is not for you.

Nissan should be ashamed of itself!
By shogun17 on 08/16/09 08:18 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I had a reservation for a mid-size car with National at Sarasota airport. When my flight arrived, I was told all they had for me was a Nissan Cube. Well, it certainly did not look like a mid-size car, but I had no choice. I used it for a week and put on over 600 miles. First impression was that it was the ugliest thing I had ever seen. It looked like an aquarium on wheels. The car had a cvt transmission which nissan does a good job with as car is grossly underpowered. Wind noise at 75mph is unbelievable, no power on tap for passing, no feedback from steering and a confusing and illogical dash. It is the worst nissan vehicle I have ever driven and I have always liked and owned their products.

impressive car
By WER on 08/11/09 13:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I had initial doubts about it. But, seeing is different than driving - it is quite roomy from inside, performs very well in city and high way. I love this rounded cube!

CUBE N IT.. Memoirs from a CUBEAHOLIC...
By CUBISM on 08/08/09 15:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Absolutely the most amazing Retro"Mini Van" this 50 yr old has ever driven with special thks to Cash4clunkers..Added all the toys to my Black SL..Gnormous,SL Preferred,Int Designer Packages,Rear cargo, 16"Alloys-Grey..Head turner at every corner,very comfortable to sit in and drive,handles corners with ease,tons of space, eager to leave them at the green light.Currently we have 3 trucks incl Element EX and Grand Caravan.Considered and researched Kia Soul,ScionXb Prirus,Element SC...One drive in the CUBE and I was sold..All the bells and whistles disco lights,shag rug Incredible stereo with all controls on steering wheel,feels like I'm driving an Infinity/Lexus.. A must have for any AARP'r!

great ride
By jeff on 08/06/09 16:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have had this car for 2 weeks and put 1400 miles on it. It is fun to drive, very comfortable, takes up very little space, has a ton of curb appeal, more power than I expected, lots of features and makes you laugh when you look at it. I talk to myself more in this car than any other one I have owned. The auto trans works great and the engine is nice and quiet. If something happened to this car, I would get another Cube right away. Love this car!

Take the leap, you will love it!
By Brady on 08/02/09 12:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I was looking for a car that would be economical, yet something that had personality...boy did I find it! Some will laugh, some will stare, and others will beg you for a peek inside. I love every square inch of this cube.

love my CUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By tom on 07/30/09 09:59 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Bottom line: this is an econobox so don't expect infiniti luxury. However, what this car does offer is unique headturning design (people will point/look all the time), great mileage (28 so far, but only first tank), decent build quality, great features in certain packages (bluetooth, auto climate, intell key), and unusual roominess inside. This car does it's job for me... Daily drive, good mileage, can load up on stuff when seats are folded, bt syncing, and above average stereo. What more can you ask for in this price range. CVT takes some getting use to. Suspension and steering is a little floaty at times. Bought the sl b/c krom doesnt have intellikey (very weird) conclusion: love my cube

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Cube in VA is:

$116 per month*