Used 2009 Nissan Cube Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Cube - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cube model:

Funky Fun!
By cotilyn

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I LOVE my Krom Cube!It first caught my eye in a parking lot,and I became obsessed with finding out about who made this car.I LOVE the CVT transmission!No jolty shifty!The stereo kicks butt.The interior is very zen like with the roof in a water wave look!Very little maintenance is needed, just normal oil changes.The rear door opening sometimes irritates me, if I don't open it 100 % sometimes,it will smack you back. So I just make sure I open it fully!I have a LEAD foot, so it only gets me 27.2 mpg.I would like more. Smaller 11.9 gas tank,made me have to fuel up about 3 times on the way back from an l.a. trip.The rear seats are SUPER adjustable to make TONS of rear cargo room!I LOVE MY CUBE!

LOUD stereo,exterior styling with its rear window "sexy sweater"wrap around look. The interior wave in the roofline.

That the satellite option did NOT come in the Krom model. I asked the dealer about swapping stereo's and the wiring harness' are COMPLETELY different. So I had to put a plug-n-play satellite in and run the antenna wire. Gas mileage could be better?

A must test drive: More than it seems
By Margie

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I didn't think I would like this car I traded in a 2010 Toyota Corrolla part of the recall. I was set on a Subaru. I saw this souped up Cube in the Showroom, I was passing by as I was headed out to the Subaru dealership across the street. The dealership had added a sunroof, Ostrich Leather seats that are heated racing stripes. I don't know how this got by me. I love the keyless entry and the no need for a key in the ignition. It drives great and the seats are so comfortable. It also handles well in snow which I would not have thought it would. I think this is an up and coming car. I also had a Yaris this is much better and lots of storage in the back with the added Cargo feature.

XM Radio and Bluetooth for phone, so much better than that earplug and I love the sound system, I also like the lighting inside and the back up sensors

More storage next to drives for items.

Great car for the money!
By Tallync

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

There are so many features that I love that anything bad is totally outweighed. The backseat moving forward and back has been a life saver in hauling things! It drives very smooth most of the time, although CVT is hard to get used to after always having an automatic. It has a tendency to rev up if you push the pedal down too fast, which can be irritating until you're used to it. The gas mileage has always been in the 28-30 range that they advertise, but never higher. Took a roadtrip 800 miles each way and seats were comfy. Overall, I still really love this car after 6500 miles. I have had no quality or reliability problems and Nissan has always addressed my concerns promptly.

Cupholders everywhere; backseat can move; seats are comfortable; tells me how many miles until I need to fill up; gas mileage is true to ads; very roomy and spacious;

This is my first brand new car and I think it's perfect as a starter car. You can't beat the quality for the price!

Almost perfect commuter car
By Oregon Commuter

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I wanted something better for my mixed commute of ~55 miles RT everyday. I wanted to spend $15K. I looked at what I could get in the used market - 3-4 year old Civic/Camry/Corolla/Accord, out of warranty, generic, and boring! (So THAT'S where all the Oldsmobile drivers went!) Tried the Versa, but it felt small and wobbly. Dealer urged me to try the Cube. Wife described it as "The ugliest car I've ever seen." Drove it, went home and researched it, then bought it. Been driving it for almost 3 months now (5500 mi). Huge interior, surprisingly good handling & acceleration (no sports car). Looking for performance? Wrong choice. Looking for great point A to point B transport? You found it!

CVT - with traction control I could get around in wet snow when others (incl 4WD) were stuck on hills. 29+ combined at the pump. Ext design - goofy enough to still make me smile. Huge seats and headroom, MP3 jack, std AC/PW/PDL/PM/CC, 6-way adj driver seat, trip computer, etc. Great value!

Visors are the worst, literally unusable for me - too low in the front and too short for the side. Roof rails & passenger arm rest would be nice. All kinds of things I could throw out here (wet bar anyone?), but I am VERY happy with the features & performance I got for the price I paid.

the best
By mark connolley

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 Base 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The Cube is an odd ball but an eye catcher. It drives great, it is getting average 33mpg. The base model has pwr windows,locks,ac and great sound system. I work out of it and the seats fold down to give me plenty of room. The Cube is on a Stanza chassis which is a lot better ride on bumpy roads than my wife's Versa. thanks nissan

6 speed std transmission, the inside room, all the cup holders. my insurance is cheaper because of the six air bags.

The only thing the car needs extensions on the sunvisors to block the sun from the side.