2009 Nissan Cube - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cube model:
Fun car to drive, Awesome looks
By dan-d on 09/20/09 11:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

At 60 years old I've owned and driven many new cars. Driving the cube is like sitting in a chair at home looking out a window. It's so easy to get in and out of and very roomy. The 6 speed is smooth and makes the car feel like it has more then 122 HP. The engine in this car idles so smooth and quiet you have to look at the tach to make sure it's still running. Much less wind noise at highway speeds than I expected from a square car, ride's much smoother than I expected as well. Has more standard features than you usually find in an entry level car. Takes a little getting used to the absence of road feel (feedback).

Love my Cube!
By Jen on 09/19/09 19:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I went from a huge van to the Cube a couple weeks ago. I was getting 14 MPG and my first tank was 22 MPG..all city driving. I am hoping this increases in time. I am 6' tall and large and the fit is good..plenty of leg room in the front. Not sure how tall people would do in the back. LOTS of looks from others and comments. It is a real novelty at this point. I also looked at Kia Soul and Scion. I am hot natured and both of those interiors came only in black. I like the white exterior and light grey interior I got. Plus, I feel Nissan is a better quality product. ( I sure hope so!)

cube truth
By cube truth on 09/16/09 17:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I am 49, 6ft.1, and this is a super roomy, and comfortable ride. I get 32 mpg on every tank. The engine is fairly quiet, except when you need the power. Then it can get a little louder than average, but not without a payback. Smooth ride. I don't know why people would say at 60 mph the wind noise is loud. It gets a little noisy above 70 mph, but is pretty quiet til then. [Unless there is a wind storm]I also meet a lot of new people with this car's curious looks.

CUBE POWER
By BILL D on 09/08/09 09:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have purchased the cube about 4 weeks ago one drive is all it took. I'm 6'3" big build type of guy and i slid right in very roomy interior super easy to drive the visibility is awesome and this car in bitter chocolate is a head turner. Everywhere I go people stop me and ask me about the CUBE. I love this design so easy to get in and out of. A lot better than the new cars today, every car seems to be aero dynamic forcing tall people into Suv's or Trucks. Thanks Nissan for making a economical roomy vehicle.

Love the Cube
By Qbert on 09/07/09 10:13 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this car with help from the CARS program. I fell in love with it the first time I drove it and I had to have it. I went from a super powered V8 truck to this little touring car and what it lacks in power it makes up in fun-ability. It drives like a go cart and it handles great on my curvy- mountain drive. Inside: Bluetooth, ipod connectivity, sat. radio, cool 20 led lites, cup holders in the right spots, ROOOOOMY and comfortable making my 32 mile commute (dare i say) FUN! Back seats flip down and my dog loves riding back there. Cool design is a head turner and ppl stop me daily or get the 'thumbs up' from strangers. If you like the way it looks, you will love the way it drives..

Ice Cube
By D Malkmus on 09/06/09 17:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I traded a civic hybrid for my cube. In my opinion Nissan has come up with a winner with this vehicle. It has more room to comfortably accommodate my 6 ft 7 in husband and two teenage boys than our 2007 Expedition. The seats are very comfortable and the illumination package is a must. My kids love it at night. It is a perfect vehicle for commuting around town. The wind noise at highway speeds is noticeable but not significantly higher than my civic. The road noise is less by far. All is all we are very comfortable in the cube. It is much easier to park than most vehicles and it is very easy to get in and out of as compared with most cars.

Cube is pain relief
By Phyllis on 09/04/09 18:21 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have arthritis in multiple joints and have been suffering from hip pain for a year. I started looking for a car that was the right height and fit, because I realized that my Van was causing the hip pain. I was looking at Yahoo when I saw the Cube ad, so I checked it out on line first. I went to see the Cube and test drove it; I left with the one I test drove. I have had my Cube since July and I am having no more hip pain at all. Not only is it easy to get in and out of it is comfortable to sit in and drive. It handles beautifully and my brother who is large like me fit nicely in the back seat. I use a seated walker and it fits in the back easily. I am very glad I bought my Cube

FUNNEST CAR EVER OWNED
By Sheila on 09/02/09 20:04 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I wanted a smaller car but not one of those little cars that you have to fall down to get in and a lift to get out of it. This car is GREAT! You just slide on to the seat and you don't have to pry yourself out. It is so fun to drive and you get alot of looks. People laugh, like, what's that! Best small car I've ever owned.

54 Year old Guy with a cube
By grem55 on 08/31/09 17:40 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I clunked a 1996 Dodge longbed with extended cab for my cube. Best move I ever made. I travel daily in my work and have cut my expense by 66%. It gives me personality and comfort. Little but practical and fun to drive. Discovered the diso light by accident; love em. The wife and I will take it on vacation in 2 months; she loves the panoramic view. Best car I've owned in 15 years!

Fun & Practical!
By pheonixunc on 08/31/09 01:15 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 Base 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The greatest car I ever owned in terms of practicality and fun to drive. This vehicle was purchased under the program of car for clunkers by trading '95 Lexus sc400. Since the adoption of the car, I have been stunned every day by 1.8 liter engine's peppy performance on free way. I couldn't figure out how the small engine has the great power, compared to my previous 8 cylinder coupe. Last week, my four family took Cube to LasVegas trip rather than on my wife's mini van. All felt great through overnight round-trip because it has roomy and cushy seats with pretty good speakers. So, Every morning is pleasure itself.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Cube in VA is:

$116 per month*