Used 2009 Nissan Cube Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Cube - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cube model:

Solid Choice
By EZCruiser

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This vehicle is huge on the inside and is so easy to park that it almost does it on its own. It offers a great view of the road and a comfortable seating position. Short hops are easy and long trips a pleasure with lots of room for luggage and pets. The upgraded sound system makes all types of music sound great and will rock whenever you want to. Wind noise is fair (for a box) and the car feels stable at highway speeds. The CVT is great for smooth sailing and the brakes are smooth and capable. I came out of a Smart car (BIG mistake) and love this cube--more power on regular gas and almost the same mileage. . . but this Cube offers so much more FUN!

Smooth quiet ride and great view.

Passenger arm rest.

Love it
By brenda

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Really enjoy the cube. I hate that all cars look the same right now. Either a box or a sedan. This one has the chutzpa to have an asymmetrical window, nice lines, radiating roof design, etc. It just feels fun.

The look, pretty comfy, GREAT visibility so I feel safe, the Nissan name for reliability, and fuel economy.

The only complaint is a backache I have after driving. I don't find it uncomfortable at all but have an ache the next day. (should've bought the upgraded seats) Will add a pillow- I am 5'3.

Good Car with some issues
By Livin in my Cube

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

So far the Cube has lived up to expectations (which were not all that high to begin with considering the price). The road noise gets a little annoying on the freeway. The heater fan went out within the first 6 months. But biggest negative was having to replace the brakes after only 16,000 highway miles. Didn't see that coming. The service tech said that lighter cars come with ligher brakes, so it can be an issue, so beware! Cool car though, and lots of people staring wondering what it is!

Bluetooth, comfortable seats, reclining rear seats, CVT transmissions, fuel economy.

Little more insulation from road noise, better brakes that last.

Funky Fun!
By cotilyn

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I LOVE my Krom Cube!It first caught my eye in a parking lot,and I became obsessed with finding out about who made this car.I LOVE the CVT transmission!No jolty shifty!The stereo kicks butt.The interior is very zen like with the roof in a water wave look!Very little maintenance is needed, just normal oil changes.The rear door opening sometimes irritates me, if I don't open it 100 % sometimes,it will smack you back. So I just make sure I open it fully!I have a LEAD foot, so it only gets me 27.2 mpg.I would like more. Smaller 11.9 gas tank,made me have to fuel up about 3 times on the way back from an l.a. trip.The rear seats are SUPER adjustable to make TONS of rear cargo room!I LOVE MY CUBE!

LOUD stereo,exterior styling with its rear window "sexy sweater"wrap around look. The interior wave in the roofline.

That the satellite option did NOT come in the Krom model. I asked the dealer about swapping stereo's and the wiring harness' are COMPLETELY different. So I had to put a plug-n-play satellite in and run the antenna wire. Gas mileage could be better?

A must test drive: More than it seems
By Margie

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I didn't think I would like this car I traded in a 2010 Toyota Corrolla part of the recall. I was set on a Subaru. I saw this souped up Cube in the Showroom, I was passing by as I was headed out to the Subaru dealership across the street. The dealership had added a sunroof, Ostrich Leather seats that are heated racing stripes. I don't know how this got by me. I love the keyless entry and the no need for a key in the ignition. It drives great and the seats are so comfortable. It also handles well in snow which I would not have thought it would. I think this is an up and coming car. I also had a Yaris this is much better and lots of storage in the back with the added Cargo feature.

XM Radio and Bluetooth for phone, so much better than that earplug and I love the sound system, I also like the lighting inside and the back up sensors

More storage next to drives for items.

• SUV