Used 2009 Nissan Cube Wagon Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon

View reviews for a specific Cube model:

Transmission problem
By jloth

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2009 Cube in July of 2009. I now have 10,500 miles on it. Recently, on a trip to view the Fall colors, I noticed a surging feeling when going over 50 mph.
It was like every 10 seconds, the RPM's would rev between the 2 and 3 on the dial.
Called the dealer and took it in for service. Diagnosis, a solenoid was not working properly.
I have to have a brand new transmission put in the car. Yes it is under warranty, but still, this concerns me.
So to everyone considering the Cube, do your research. It is a fun car to drive, you won't see yourself coming and going,it is good on gas, a piece of cake to park.. but this transmission issue had taken the glimmer off of it for me.

Ease of parking, unique appearance and the ability to load things in the car and not need anyone's van. Easy to get in and out of, especially if you are a person with arthritis of back/hips.

Make sure the transmissions are up to grade. It is a bit noisy, so sound insulation improvements would be wonderful. A little smoother ride would also be nice.

My car
By sugarmama3

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 Base 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I'm very please with my 2009 cube. I have had it 2 months and still very happy. Its very roomy for me and my family. I have gotten so mannnnnnnny compliments on this car! excellent on gas , easy to keep clean. so if there's anyone wondering what this vehicle is like. I will glad to tell you. It is GREAT!

Toaster... Who cares! I'll take the laughs!
By lauraleiwhit

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have laughed at all "toaster" cars since they came out. The low mileage and price were the only thing that even made me sit in it. But one trip around the block sold me. Smooth ride, responsive steering and acceleration. I laughed at the dash carpet and tossed it in the trunk, but the eye-pleasing interior is sweet and the most comfortable ever! My comment before buying was "Well I don't have to look at the outside and the inside is awesome." So far... 26.8 mpg city only. CVT tranny is great. If I have a lighter touch on acceleration I get quicker response... flooring it isn't the best idea.
The toaster has won me over... I love it!

Rockfort Fosgate Sound thumpin' sound system Steering Wheel stereo & cruise control Comfortable wide seats Great gas mileage Side open back door Bluetooth

Needs a passenger arm rest. Need visors that have a slide out extension for use on side windows and they are too deep. I can't see the traffic lights with them down in any position. (adjusting the seats is somewhat of a solution)

Real Time
By Ken

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I love it. 31K miles and still love it! It does move in windy conditions at high speeds or is pushed by trucks on interstate. One push on the gas and I am passed that though. Gas is always 28-29 mpg highway or city. I am big and my son is 6'7" and we both have plenty of spare room front or back. I am totally satisfied.

I love the 6 way manual seat. I can put it where ever I want.

for its size, I would think I would get better mpg.

Easy to maneuver.
By Cube control.

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 Base 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My 80-yr-old mother bought a Cube. She loves it. Easy to maneuver, super simple to park, fits nicely in the 2- car garage. Back door opens from the side - easy for her to open/close as she has shoulder replacements. Although not much storage room, it works for her lifestyle. Gets lots of compliments, an eye-catcher. I drive it more than she does. We took it from TN to FL, had a wonderful trip. So far, it's been reliable. Wheel covers are plain. I would like a sunroof, although the car gets hot in the sun, lets a lot of sunlight in through those big windows. Window visors are huge, not to my liking. Overall, I love it.

Maneuverability makes parking a breeze. I like to back into spaces. I think it's unique looking; I like that. Back door is easy to open/close as opposed to the hatchbacks. Rides nice so far. Fun to drive.

Does not handle real well in windy situations. No automatic daytime running lights. Need bigger/slightly wider front seats and central storage between the seats. Dash is huge but small 'shelf' holds nothing because things slide off. Brighten the colors, please!