Used 2009 Nissan Cube Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cube model:

Real Time
By Ken

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I love it. 31K miles and still love it! It does move in windy conditions at high speeds or is pushed by trucks on interstate. One push on the gas and I am passed that though. Gas is always 28-29 mpg highway or city. I am big and my son is 6'7" and we both have plenty of spare room front or back. I am totally satisfied.

I love the 6 way manual seat. I can put it where ever I want.

for its size, I would think I would get better mpg.

Easy to maneuver.
By Cube control.

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 Base 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My 80-yr-old mother bought a Cube. She loves it. Easy to maneuver, super simple to park, fits nicely in the 2- car garage. Back door opens from the side - easy for her to open/close as she has shoulder replacements. Although not much storage room, it works for her lifestyle. Gets lots of compliments, an eye-catcher. I drive it more than she does. We took it from TN to FL, had a wonderful trip. So far, it's been reliable. Wheel covers are plain. I would like a sunroof, although the car gets hot in the sun, lets a lot of sunlight in through those big windows. Window visors are huge, not to my liking. Overall, I love it.

Maneuverability makes parking a breeze. I like to back into spaces. I think it's unique looking; I like that. Back door is easy to open/close as opposed to the hatchbacks. Rides nice so far. Fun to drive.

Does not handle real well in windy situations. No automatic daytime running lights. Need bigger/slightly wider front seats and central storage between the seats. Dash is huge but small 'shelf' holds nothing because things slide off. Brighten the colors, please!

So far, so good
By Bill T

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my Cube for nearly a year. Highway mileage is around 32 mpg and city is around 26. It handles well for a small car. I've made one long trip of 2300 miles and everything went fine. I'm a big guy and the room inside this car is amazing for it's size.

Pretty much everything is good. I especially like the headroom.

I would like a little more storage inside the car; perhaps a drawer under one of the front seats. There is a weird reflection at night so I think the angle of the windows could be changed a little.

Love me some cube!
By mommymezzo

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We are so happy with our Cube--never expected this would be the car for our family (2 adults, one pre-preschooler.) But, it is the perfect fit. While all of our neighbors are toddling around in mini vans or gas-guzzling SUVs, we feel like we've got the secret car that no one ever thought to buy. Super fun styling, very roomy inside (the tall ceilings make it feel bigger than our small SUV did inside), and crazy-good gas mileage. We've owned the car for about 6 months now with no major complaints. There have been 2 voluntary recalls, but no problem at all and pretty typical of first-year model cars. There are a few quirks we'd change inter-wise, but no more than any other car we've had.

Styling, mileage, bluetooth, xm radio, aux input, fold-down rear seats, reverse sensors, roominess.

ipod/iphone dock closer to stereo, passenger arm rest, lit window/lock controls (can't see them in the dark at all!), rear door sometimes swings shut when loading groceries (heavy!) if it isn't completely propped open.

Fun, fuel efficient. Limited cargo.
By Dan1

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Our experience while we owned our Cube Krom was a good one. We purchased the vehicle while my wife was pregnant and it was extremely easy to get in and out of. Unfortunately once the little guy was born it made the space feel limited. I was more concerned about safety once he was born.Does not have lots of power but sufficient considering the fuel efficiency. Averaged 28 city, 33 hwy. Surprisingly spacious for 4 passengers, seating 5 adults might be a little tight. Very tight on both sides if placing car seat in middle. Trunk space can also limit the amount of cargo you bring along. Ipod interface was not very user friendly. Lots of cup holders. Will catch lots of attention. Male 26 yrs.

Size of front doors. Fuel efficiency. Seat comfort. Ipod connections. The funky shag carpet on dash for sunglasses, etc.

Categorized as a wagon but cargo area is limited. Needs to be a little longer perhaps to add more room. A touch more power could help but not 100% necessary. Fix the back, window only wraps around one side. Started to bother me after the purchase.