2009 Nissan Cube Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cube model:
you need a warranty!
By jmorri0283 on 03/21/14 08:40 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car in may 2013 and after having it in the shop twice for the transmission they replaced it in August. My issue happened on the interstate after a few hours of driving which is why it took the dealer so long to diagnose. Its February 2014 and same issue on a road trip with the car. was in the shop for almost a week and no luck.

Fun, fuel efficient. Limited cargo.
By Dan1 on 08/15/10 06:58 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Our experience while we owned our Cube Krom was a good one. We purchased the vehicle while my wife was pregnant and it was extremely easy to get in and out of. Unfortunately once the little guy was born it made the space feel limited. I was more concerned about safety once he was born.Does not have lots of power but sufficient considering the fuel efficiency. Averaged 28 city, 33 hwy. Surprisingly spacious for 4 passengers, seating 5 adults might be a little tight. Very tight on both sides if placing car seat in middle. Trunk space can also limit the amount of cargo you bring along. Ipod interface was not very user friendly. Lots of cup holders. Will catch lots of attention. Male 26 yrs.

No place for admissions test
By nonie on 06/23/10 12:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The first problem I had was with the switch under the brake pedal to start my cube burnt out so they had to replace that. today 06-21-2100 after sitting in 98 degree heat to get my admission test my cube failed, just because the Nissan manufacturers in "japan" failed to do a better "quality control" before this cube left the final line. this was poor quality control. your people left the plug in to do this test off my car. I just retired from Nissan of North America Smyrna, Tennessee, this was my retirement car. I paid 15,000.00 dollars of my retirement lump sum for this car, it hurt me so bad to know that japan is building a car like this and leaving parts off it.

Funky Fun!
By cotilyn on 02/27/10 19:13 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I LOVE my Krom Cube!It first caught my eye in a parking lot,and I became obsessed with finding out about who made this car.I LOVE the CVT transmission!No jolty shifty!The stereo kicks butt.The interior is very zen like with the roof in a water wave look!Very little maintenance is needed, just normal oil changes.The rear door opening sometimes irritates me, if I don't open it 100 % sometimes,it will smack you back. So I just make sure I open it fully!I have a LEAD foot, so it only gets me 27.2 mpg.I would like more. Smaller 11.9 gas tank,made me have to fuel up about 3 times on the way back from an l.a. trip.The rear seats are SUPER adjustable to make TONS of rear cargo room!I LOVE MY CUBE!

Zilla's Bitter Chocolate Krom
By Zilla on 09/24/09 11:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

My husband and I looked at a lot of cars including the Kia Soul and Scion XB. I am 5'10" and he is 6'3" so it is very difficult to find a vehicle that is comfortable. Wanted good gas mileage, head room and off the ground. The first reaction to the CUBE was "that is one "UGLY" car. We took one for a test drive and my Husband said that was the happiest he had seen me test driving any car. I love this car! People actually turn around while driving to look at it. Makes me laugh every time! The gas mileage has not been consistent, it ranges from 29-34. But that is still not bad. What wind noise. I LUV this car.

The rounded cube!
By Cube lover on 08/19/09 17:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased the car two weeks ago. While having initial doubts, I have to admit that I love this car. I have a combined city/HWY of 30.5 MPG. This is much better than I expected and what it is rated for. It is very comfortable and I like the bluetooth. It drives smoothly below the 70 miles. If you expect to drive at a higher speed, this is not for you.

impressive car
By WER on 08/11/09 13:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I had initial doubts about it. But, seeing is different than driving - it is quite roomy from inside, performs very well in city and high way. I love this rounded cube!

great ride
By jeff on 08/06/09 16:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have had this car for 2 weeks and put 1400 miles on it. It is fun to drive, very comfortable, takes up very little space, has a ton of curb appeal, more power than I expected, lots of features and makes you laugh when you look at it. I talk to myself more in this car than any other one I have owned. The auto trans works great and the engine is nice and quiet. If something happened to this car, I would get another Cube right away. Love this car!

I got the Box, He got the Cube!
By Skiekitty on 07/21/09 15:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We own an 06 Scion xB and when it was time to replace my car, we got the Cube. I wanted a Silver KROM, but the dealership (who was very unhelpful) couldn't (wouldn't) get a silver, so we got the black. I love it! It's so fun to drive, even though the transmission is a bit strange. Sound system is awesome, love the interior LED lighting, cubbyholes everywhere; the glove box is a bottomless pit! We're not in the "target age" they were going for when Nissan brought this car over, but who cares, *we're* the ones with the money! If you're tall or big, DEFINITELY GET THIS CAR! DH is 6'4, I'm 6' and we fit great! Love it!

Retro-Modern
By JR on 06/29/09 21:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Eye catching, smooth riding, comfortable, amazing headroom and visibility, consistently over 31 mpg. Loads of cargo space, comfortably seats 5 adults. many features available as much higher priced cars.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Cube Wagon in VA is:

$118 per month*