Used 2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 Krom Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cube model:

you need a warranty!
By jmorri0283

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car in may 2013 and after having it in the shop twice for the transmission they replaced it in August. My issue happened on the interstate after a few hours of driving which is why it took the dealer so long to diagnose. Its February 2014 and same issue on a road trip with the car. was in the shop for almost a week and no luck.

Interior design

fix the CVT and longer arm rest

Fun, fuel efficient. Limited cargo.
By Dan1

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Our experience while we owned our Cube Krom was a good one. We purchased the vehicle while my wife was pregnant and it was extremely easy to get in and out of. Unfortunately once the little guy was born it made the space feel limited. I was more concerned about safety once he was born.Does not have lots of power but sufficient considering the fuel efficiency. Averaged 28 city, 33 hwy. Surprisingly spacious for 4 passengers, seating 5 adults might be a little tight. Very tight on both sides if placing car seat in middle. Trunk space can also limit the amount of cargo you bring along. Ipod interface was not very user friendly. Lots of cup holders. Will catch lots of attention. Male 26 yrs.

Size of front doors. Fuel efficiency. Seat comfort. Ipod connections. The funky shag carpet on dash for sunglasses, etc.

Categorized as a wagon but cargo area is limited. Needs to be a little longer perhaps to add more room. A touch more power could help but not 100% necessary. Fix the back, window only wraps around one side. Started to bother me after the purchase.

No place for admissions test
By nonie

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The first problem I had was with the switch under the brake pedal to start my cube burnt out so they had to replace that. today 06-21-2100 after sitting in 98 degree heat to get my admission test my cube failed, just because the Nissan manufacturers in "japan" failed to do a better "quality control" before this cube left the final line. this was poor quality control. your people left the plug in to do this test off my car. I just retired from Nissan of North America Smyrna, Tennessee, this was my retirement car. I paid 15,000.00 dollars of my retirement lump sum for this car, it hurt me so bad to know that japan is building a car like this and leaving parts off it.

none

everything

Funky Fun!
By cotilyn

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I LOVE my Krom Cube!It first caught my eye in a parking lot,and I became obsessed with finding out about who made this car.I LOVE the CVT transmission!No jolty shifty!The stereo kicks butt.The interior is very zen like with the roof in a water wave look!Very little maintenance is needed, just normal oil changes.The rear door opening sometimes irritates me, if I don't open it 100 % sometimes,it will smack you back. So I just make sure I open it fully!I have a LEAD foot, so it only gets me 27.2 mpg.I would like more. Smaller 11.9 gas tank,made me have to fuel up about 3 times on the way back from an l.a. trip.The rear seats are SUPER adjustable to make TONS of rear cargo room!I LOVE MY CUBE!

LOUD stereo,exterior styling with its rear window "sexy sweater"wrap around look. The interior wave in the roofline.

That the satellite option did NOT come in the Krom model. I asked the dealer about swapping stereo's and the wiring harness' are COMPLETELY different. So I had to put a plug-n-play satellite in and run the antenna wire. Gas mileage could be better?

Zilla's Bitter Chocolate Krom
By Zilla

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

My husband and I looked at a lot of cars including the Kia Soul and Scion XB. I am 5'10" and he is 6'3" so it is very difficult to find a vehicle that is comfortable. Wanted good gas mileage, head room and off the ground. The first reaction to the CUBE was "that is one "UGLY" car. We took one for a test drive and my Husband said that was the happiest he had seen me test driving any car. I love this car! People actually turn around while driving to look at it. Makes me laugh every time! The gas mileage has not been consistent, it ranges from 29-34. But that is still not bad. What wind noise. I LUV this car.

Comfortable, handles and rides great and - hour commute each way. love the room, comfort, blue tooth.

move the parking brake to the floor and put the cup holders in that space. Lots of cup holders just not in great places. put one in dash on passenger side also. place to plug in IPOD that is hidden. Sonar and intellikey should be available on all models. SUNROOF! :O)