Used 2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL Wagon Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon

View reviews for a specific Cube model:

@88,000 miles stilla great car
By joseph mills

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We bought this car new in 2010 as a left over 2009 and it's been a great little car. Never been in the shop once for a repair, none of the cvt troubles or anything. We are passing this car to my daughter now it has 88,000 miles and the interior still looks new and the outside is great looking and shinny with just normal rock chips and door dings. We take good care of our cars, this has been my wife's favorite for a number of years now. After reading several bad reviews about these cars I have to wonder if it isn't the owners more than the cars or maybe we just got the magic Cube that was built better than the rest. Update car now has 97000 miles and my daughter is now driving it to school and yet to have a single problem with this car, no complaints period. To bad they won't sell new ones in the states.

Transmission problem
By jloth

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2009 Cube in July of 2009. I now have 10,500 miles on it. Recently, on a trip to view the Fall colors, I noticed a surging feeling when going over 50 mph.
It was like every 10 seconds, the RPM's would rev between the 2 and 3 on the dial.
Called the dealer and took it in for service. Diagnosis, a solenoid was not working properly.
I have to have a brand new transmission put in the car. Yes it is under warranty, but still, this concerns me.
So to everyone considering the Cube, do your research. It is a fun car to drive, you won't see yourself coming and going,it is good on gas, a piece of cake to park.. but this transmission issue had taken the glimmer off of it for me.

Ease of parking, unique appearance and the ability to load things in the car and not need anyone's van. Easy to get in and out of, especially if you are a person with arthritis of back/hips.

Make sure the transmissions are up to grade. It is a bit noisy, so sound insulation improvements would be wonderful. A little smoother ride would also be nice.

Love me some cube!
By mommymezzo

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We are so happy with our Cube--never expected this would be the car for our family (2 adults, one pre-preschooler.) But, it is the perfect fit. While all of our neighbors are toddling around in mini vans or gas-guzzling SUVs, we feel like we've got the secret car that no one ever thought to buy. Super fun styling, very roomy inside (the tall ceilings make it feel bigger than our small SUV did inside), and crazy-good gas mileage. We've owned the car for about 6 months now with no major complaints. There have been 2 voluntary recalls, but no problem at all and pretty typical of first-year model cars. There are a few quirks we'd change inter-wise, but no more than any other car we've had.

Styling, mileage, bluetooth, xm radio, aux input, fold-down rear seats, reverse sensors, roominess.

ipod/iphone dock closer to stereo, passenger arm rest, lit window/lock controls (can't see them in the dark at all!), rear door sometimes swings shut when loading groceries (heavy!) if it isn't completely propped open.

Fun head turning car!
By flyboiadam

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my cube in oct 2009 and I have 8800 miles on it and it's July 22. So far I've had 1 recall w the rear door handles, at 2k miles my check engine light came on turned out to need a new purge valve, thats the only thing thats happened. I'm very happy with my cube and wouldn't trade it for another car ever! Lots of ppl look and stare but love the attention! Drove a few times 500 miles on road trip been getting 32 on hwy and 26 city. The seats are probably the most comfortable I have ever sat in, in any car! Only thing I am mad about is the 2010 model of the same thing I got comes standard with bluetooth and audio controls on steering wheel. But thats it! Go test drive 1!

Head Rm, 20 different color lighting inside, and the most comfortable seats!

Move cup holders not nice having it in front of vent when you're drinking a hot drink! and sunroof, and an armrest on the passenger seat

Transmission sudden death!
By spirittwo

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a brand new 2009 cube, sl, 1.8 cvt, auto, with the intention of having a little fun and no maintenance headaches. At 15,000 miles, the transmission gives out! Coming out of a MiniCooper. Boy, do I miss the no hassles maintenance and service from Mini! The Cube is easy to drive, handles well, very roomy and comfortable, but I would not recommend it for its high-maintenance needs and this very major problem. Just unlucky? I don't know. Tried to search the web for others with similar problem, but found little info. Hmm.