2009 Nissan Cube - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cube model:
you need a warranty!
By jmorri0283 on 03/21/14 08:40 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car in may 2013 and after having it in the shop twice for the transmission they replaced it in August. My issue happened on the interstate after a few hours of driving which is why it took the dealer so long to diagnose. Its February 2014 and same issue on a road trip with the car. was in the shop for almost a week and no luck.

hate this car
By eileen15 on 11/27/12 16:54 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have had this car for 14 month and have had the transmission replaced,new catalytic converter,air filter,fuel pump,wheel bearings,engine control module and as of Nov. 21,2012 the rear muffler and gasket has broke off and due to the fact that it will cost 400.00 to repair i am unable to have the repairs done at this point. been in touch with dealer,bbb,nissian of north america, no one is able to help with with this.

Transmission problem
By jloth on 10/08/11 08:28 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2009 Cube in July of 2009. I now have 10,500 miles on it. Recently, on a trip to view the Fall colors, I noticed a surging feeling when going over 50 mph. It was like every 10 seconds, the RPM's would rev between the 2 and 3 on the dial. Called the dealer and took it in for service. Diagnosis, a solenoid was not working properly. I have to have a brand new transmission put in the car. Yes it is under warranty, but still, this concerns me. So to everyone considering the Cube, do your research. It is a fun car to drive, you won't see yourself coming and going,it is good on gas, a piece of cake to park.. but this transmission issue had taken the glimmer off of it for me.

My car
By sugarmama3 on 06/22/11 16:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 Base 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I'm very please with my 2009 cube. I have had it 2 months and still very happy. Its very roomy for me and my family. I have gotten so mannnnnnnny compliments on this car! excellent on gas , easy to keep clean. so if there's anyone wondering what this vehicle is like. I will glad to tell you. It is GREAT!

Toaster... Who cares! I'll take the laughs!
By lauraleiwhit on 06/08/11 03:41 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have laughed at all "toaster" cars since they came out. The low mileage and price were the only thing that even made me sit in it. But one trip around the block sold me. Smooth ride, responsive steering and acceleration. I laughed at the dash carpet and tossed it in the trunk, but the eye-pleasing interior is sweet and the most comfortable ever! My comment before buying was "Well I don't have to look at the outside and the inside is awesome." So far... 26.8 mpg city only. CVT tranny is great. If I have a lighter touch on acceleration I get quicker response... flooring it isn't the best idea. The toaster has won me over... I love it!

Real Time
By Ken on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I love it. 31K miles and still love it! It does move in windy conditions at high speeds or is pushed by trucks on interstate. One push on the gas and I am passed that though. Gas is always 28-29 mpg highway or city. I am big and my son is 6'7" and we both have plenty of spare room front or back. I am totally satisfied.

Easy to maneuver.
By Cube control. on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 Base 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My 80-yr-old mother bought a Cube. She loves it. Easy to maneuver, super simple to park, fits nicely in the 2- car garage. Back door opens from the side - easy for her to open/close as she has shoulder replacements. Although not much storage room, it works for her lifestyle. Gets lots of compliments, an eye-catcher. I drive it more than she does. We took it from TN to FL, had a wonderful trip. So far, it's been reliable. Wheel covers are plain. I would like a sunroof, although the car gets hot in the sun, lets a lot of sunlight in through those big windows. Window visors are huge, not to my liking. Overall, I love it.

So far, so good
By Bill T on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my Cube for nearly a year. Highway mileage is around 32 mpg and city is around 26. It handles well for a small car. I've made one long trip of 2300 miles and everything went fine. I'm a big guy and the room inside this car is amazing for it's size.

Love me some cube!
By mommymezzo on 08/15/10 18:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We are so happy with our Cube--never expected this would be the car for our family (2 adults, one pre-preschooler.) But, it is the perfect fit. While all of our neighbors are toddling around in mini vans or gas-guzzling SUVs, we feel like we've got the secret car that no one ever thought to buy. Super fun styling, very roomy inside (the tall ceilings make it feel bigger than our small SUV did inside), and crazy-good gas mileage. We've owned the car for about 6 months now with no major complaints. There have been 2 voluntary recalls, but no problem at all and pretty typical of first-year model cars. There are a few quirks we'd change inter-wise, but no more than any other car we've had.

Fun, fuel efficient. Limited cargo.
By Dan1 on 08/15/10 06:58 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Our experience while we owned our Cube Krom was a good one. We purchased the vehicle while my wife was pregnant and it was extremely easy to get in and out of. Unfortunately once the little guy was born it made the space feel limited. I was more concerned about safety once he was born.Does not have lots of power but sufficient considering the fuel efficiency. Averaged 28 city, 33 hwy. Surprisingly spacious for 4 passengers, seating 5 adults might be a little tight. Very tight on both sides if placing car seat in middle. Trunk space can also limit the amount of cargo you bring along. Ipod interface was not very user friendly. Lots of cup holders. Will catch lots of attention. Male 26 yrs.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Cube in NJ is:

$202 per month*