Used 2009 Nissan Cube Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Cube - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Cube

View reviews for a specific Cube model:

Best Car Ever!
By Chuck Sargent

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Update: At 183000 miles i will need rear brakes soon. Small leak in one rear shock. Need a catalytic converter (my fault, left car idling with ac on for hours at a time, never over heated even on hottest days. This car is a keeper.

Very comfortable and fun to drive. Lots of space inside. I travel a lot and rent many different cars, coming home to the Cube is very satisfying. Have stayed on top of maintenance. Keep a close eye on CVT fluid levels after a change. I change it in half the recommended miles, less expensive to maintain than repair. Best car I've ever owned. Bought one for wife, she felt the same, it's unique, fun, easy to drive and inexpensive to own.

@88,000 miles stilla great car
By joseph mills

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We bought this car new in 2010 as a left over 2009 and it's been a great little car. Never been in the shop once for a repair, none of the cvt troubles or anything. We are passing this car to my daughter now it has 88,000 miles and the interior still looks new and the outside is great looking and shinny with just normal rock chips and door dings. We take good care of our cars, this has been my wife's favorite for a number of years now. After reading several bad reviews about these cars I have to wonder if it isn't the owners more than the cars or maybe we just got the magic Cube that was built better than the rest. Update car now has 97000 miles and my daughter is now driving it to school and yet to have a single problem with this car, no complaints period. To bad they won't sell new ones in the states.

Poor quality - 2009 Nissan Cube 6 speed
By may

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 Base 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I like the appearance of the car, it looks refreshing and innovative. However, I knew the CVT would be a major headache down the road, so I chose the 6 speed version. Unfortunately, other problems developed pre-maturely: the muffler and the exhaust pipe fell off due to a rusted connection at 45000 miles, 5 years. Replacing the entire assembly costs over $850, I have never owned any car with the muffler system lasting only 45000 miles or less than 5 years, and it costs so much to fix. To add insult to injury, during the hottest days of the season this year, the air conditioning failed. This is a poorly made car, with below average quality control. I believe this model was terminated last year. Need I say more ? But I have to say to myself, beauty is only skin deep !!

you need a warranty!
By jmorri0283

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car in may 2013 and after having it in the shop twice for the transmission they replaced it in August. My issue happened on the interstate after a few hours of driving which is why it took the dealer so long to diagnose. Its February 2014 and same issue on a road trip with the car. was in the shop for almost a week and no luck.

Interior design

fix the CVT and longer arm rest

hate this car
By eileen15

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have had this car for 14 month and have had the transmission replaced,new catalytic converter,air filter,fuel pump,wheel bearings,engine control module and as of Nov. 21,2012 the rear muffler and gasket has broke off and due to the fact that it will cost 400.00 to repair i am unable to have the repairs done at this point. been in touch with dealer,bbb,nissian of
north america, no one is able to help with with this.