Used 2009 Nissan Cube Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Cube - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Cube

View reviews for a specific Cube model:

you need a warranty!
By jmorri0283

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car in may 2013 and after having it in the shop twice for the transmission they replaced it in August. My issue happened on the interstate after a few hours of driving which is why it took the dealer so long to diagnose. Its February 2014 and same issue on a road trip with the car. was in the shop for almost a week and no luck.

Favorite Features

Interior design

Suggested Improvements

fix the CVT and longer arm rest

hate this car
By eileen15

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have had this car for 14 month and have had the transmission replaced,new catalytic converter,air filter,fuel pump,wheel bearings,engine control module and as of Nov. 21,2012 the rear muffler and gasket has broke off and due to the fact that it will cost 400.00 to repair i am unable to have the repairs done at this point. been in touch with dealer,bbb,nissian of north america, no one is able to help with with this.

Transmission problem
By jloth

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2009 Cube in July of 2009. I now have 10,500 miles on it. Recently, on a trip to view the Fall colors, I noticed a surging feeling when going over 50 mph. It was like every 10 seconds, the RPM's would rev between the 2 and 3 on the dial. Called the dealer and took it in for service. Diagnosis, a solenoid was not working properly. I have to have a brand new transmission put in the car. Yes it is under warranty, but still, this concerns me. So to everyone considering the Cube, do your research. It is a fun car to drive, you won't see yourself coming and going,it is good on gas, a piece of cake to park.. but this transmission issue had taken the glimmer off of it for me.

Favorite Features

Ease of parking, unique appearance and the ability to load things in the car and not need anyone's van. Easy to get in and out of, especially if you are a person with arthritis of back/hips.

Suggested Improvements

Make sure the transmissions are up to grade. It is a bit noisy, so sound insulation improvements would be wonderful. A little smoother ride would also be nice.

My car
By sugarmama3

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 Base 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I'm very please with my 2009 cube. I have had it 2 months and still very happy. Its very roomy for me and my family. I have gotten so mannnnnnnny compliments on this car! excellent on gas , easy to keep clean. so if there's anyone wondering what this vehicle is like. I will glad to tell you. It is GREAT!

Toaster... Who cares! I'll take the laughs!
By lauraleiwhit

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have laughed at all "toaster" cars since they came out. The low mileage and price were the only thing that even made me sit in it. But one trip around the block sold me. Smooth ride, responsive steering and acceleration. I laughed at the dash carpet and tossed it in the trunk, but the eye-pleasing interior is sweet and the most comfortable ever! My comment before buying was "Well I don't have to look at the outside and the inside is awesome." So far... 26.8 mpg city only. CVT tranny is great. If I have a lighter touch on acceleration I get quicker response... flooring it isn't the best idea. The toaster has won me over... I love it!

Favorite Features

Rockfort Fosgate Sound thumpin' sound system Steering Wheel stereo & cruise control Comfortable wide seats Great gas mileage Side open back door Bluetooth

Suggested Improvements

Needs a passenger arm rest. Need visors that have a slide out extension for use on side windows and they are too deep. I can't see the traffic lights with them down in any position. (adjusting the seats is somewhat of a solution)