good mini mini-van
By Ringer on
1990 Nissan Axxess SE 3dr Minivan 4WD
I was looking for an AWD wagon with decent fuel economy. This was easy to load groceries, people or dogs. I averaged 25 mpg in town with automatic, after a leak in fuel injectors was fixed. Parts were hard to find, because it was sold in U.S. only 4 years. But it was sold longer in Canada under name: Prairie. There is a yahoo web group for Axxess owners: helps with mechanical questions and finding parts. My vehicle had an electric short somewhere when I bought it. Ceiling light never worked, front power windows worked when they wanted, radio quit. Three alternators in the last 10 months. Mechanic told me to sell it after last alternator was draining battery, on the day it was installed
Favorite Features
High seat, good view of road for driver, easy to park, good fuel economy for mini-van, nice qaulity in interior, nothing cheap about appearance, Nissan quality.
Suggested Improvements
Electric problems. Power window-passenger side, worked only when it wanted to. Had to sell due to electric problems. Hard to locate parts, unless you check Canada.