1990 Nissan Axxess Consumer Review: Where has this car been all my

1990 Nissan Axxess - Consumer Review

Where has this car been all my life!?
By Terry on

1990 Nissan Axxess XE 3dr Minivan

I bought this little car mostly as a favor for a surrogate brother headed for New Zealand. He had owned it for 14 years. I didn't really want this funky looking little Baby SUV. This little beauty was like new in and out and had 83,000 miles on it. I have driven it around Anchorage, Alaska and for short 100 mile trips out of town. I am aghast that I'm becoming very fond of this thing! My buddy Gary, the previous owner, had a near complete overhaul performed due to a timing chain problem. As he was at it he replaced the shocks and brakes and exhaust system. $1700 all told. I get a regular 24 MPG around town and have managed 31 on cruise at 65 MPH. This is a great car!

Fun to drive! It's like a little sports car. Mine has a five speed manual. Quick steering and a very short turn radius. It accelerates all out of proportion to it's tiny four cylinder engine.It has really excellent vision all around. Except for the Mini Cooper I know of nothing that approaches it.

My Axxess is 20 years old! I would guess it's too late for any suggested improvements but for starters I am shocked to find NO, NONE, cup holders! Slightly tinted windows would be nice but here in Alaska not necessary. This stupid little car is almost perfect in every way!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review