Where has this car been all my life!?
By Terry on
1990 Nissan Axxess XE 3dr Minivan
I bought this little car mostly as a favor for a surrogate brother headed for New Zealand. He had owned it for 14 years. I didn't really want this funky looking little Baby SUV. This little beauty was like new in and out and had 83,000 miles on it. I have driven it around Anchorage, Alaska and for short 100 mile trips out of town. I am aghast that I'm becoming very fond of this thing! My buddy Gary, the previous owner, had a near complete overhaul performed due to a timing chain problem. As he was at it he replaced the shocks and brakes and exhaust system. $1700 all told. I get a regular 24 MPG around town and have managed 31 on cruise at 65 MPH. This is a great car!
Favorite Features
Fun to drive! It's like a little sports car. Mine has a five speed manual. Quick steering and a very short turn radius. It accelerates all out of proportion to it's tiny four cylinder engine.It has really excellent vision all around. Except for the Mini Cooper I know of nothing that approaches it.
Suggested Improvements
My Axxess is 20 years old! I would guess it's too late for any suggested improvements but for starters I am shocked to find NO, NONE, cup holders! Slightly tinted windows would be nice but here in Alaska not necessary. This stupid little car is almost perfect in every way!