Used 1990 Nissan Axxess Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Nissan Axxess - Consumer Reviews

1990 Nissan Axxess Minivan

View reviews for a specific Axxess model:

Great Car!
By Hjh1213

1990 Nissan Axxess Minivan XE 3dr Minivan

I've owned this car new off the lot, and it has been nothing but reliable and wonderful. I did not have to start making repairs until it was 11 years old. I would highly recommend it for a family car...we have been EVERYWHERE in this car.

Favorite Features

The versatility of the seat configuration.

Great Car!
By BusyBee

1990 Nissan Axxess Minivan SE 3dr Minivan 4WD

We bought this car brand new from the dealership in Dec.1999. This car has been from MN to NY and back 3 times. Good gas mileage and very comfortable riding. Excellent excelleration. Even my teenage boys say that it has a lot of get up and go for a 4 cylinder minivan. It has only been in the shop 3 times in all the years I have owned it. Mainly exhaust pipe and tail pipe burn throughs. Most recent problem is that the mileage counter has stopped working. But after 169,000 miles, I don't think that's bad. I love this car. It reminds me of that battery bunny advertisement. It keeps going, and going, and going...

Favorite Features

SunRoof, Removable backseat for larger cargo area, fold down frontseats for great travel comfort, additional fourth seat in back great for transporting the entire scout troop on camping trips.

Suggested Improvements

Bring it back- I'd buy another one in a heartbeat! Could use some improved door locks that don't freeze up in the winter months and an improved exhaust/tail pipe that doesn't burn through so soon.

Starting to fail
By dinow

1990 Nissan Axxess Minivan XE 3dr Minivan

I have had this car for a long time. Over the last several years many items have started to fail. Alternator, timing chain guides, auto seat belts, rack and pinnion, which caused other front end problems, drive shafts, fuel injectors leaking, A/C head unit and low limit switch, and the list goes on.

Favorite Features

I do love this car I just wish it was not having so many problems. Also with the two sliding side doors way ahead of Chrysler and roll down rear windows way ahead of MPV. May items on this car were ahead of the time. Just to expensive to import.

good all around vehichle
By james manor

1990 Nissan Axxess Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

this is a nice vehicle it rides great and looks nice. gets good gas milage.

Favorite Features

the fold down back seats

Suggested Improvements

none really

Love this Car - It's Not a Porsche
By jonhb

1990 Nissan Axxess Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

I have driven this car for 11 years now. I have 152,000 miles on the car and just replaced the clutch. THat is it. Get it lubed and oiled every 3,000 - 5,000 miles. Throw what ever I want in the car. Has given me no problems. Has a nice little four banger, gets up to 95 mph on Socal freeways, I am in no hurry so who cares if I haven't cracked a 100mph.

Favorite Features

I like the funky look of the vehicle. Wide windshield.

Suggested Improvements

None really.