1990 Nissan Axxess 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

1990 Nissan Axxess - Consumer Reviews

XE Passenger Minivan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Axxess model:
Where has this car been all my life!?
By Terry on 07/13/10 22:46 PM (PDT)

1990 Nissan Axxess XE 3dr Minivan

I bought this little car mostly as a favor for a surrogate brother headed for New Zealand. He had owned it for 14 years. I didn't really want this funky looking little Baby SUV. This little beauty was like new in and out and had 83,000 miles on it. I have driven it around Anchorage, Alaska and for short 100 mile trips out of town. I am aghast that I'm becoming very fond of this thing! My buddy Gary, the previous owner, had a near complete overhaul performed due to a timing chain problem. As he was at it he replaced the shocks and brakes and exhaust system. $1700 all told. I get a regular 24 MPG around town and have managed 31 on cruise at 65 MPH. This is a great car!

Great Car!
By Hjh1213 on 06/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Nissan Axxess XE 3dr Minivan

I've owned this car new off the lot, and it has been nothing but reliable and wonderful. I did not have to start making repairs until it was 11 years old. I would highly recommend it for a family car...we have been EVERYWHERE in this car.

Starting to fail
By dinow on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Nissan Axxess XE 3dr Minivan

I have had this car for a long time. Over the last several years many items have started to fail. Alternator, timing chain guides, auto seat belts, rack and pinnion, which caused other front end problems, drive shafts, fuel injectors leaking, A/C head unit and low limit switch, and the list goes on.

Axxess 12yrs old and running strong
By rayfer on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Nissan Axxess XE 3dr Minivan

I bought my Axess 4 years ago, and it's still running strong at 112,000 miles. Just replaced the original struts. Comfortable seats, great on long trips. Excellent visiablity all around.

Axxess is OK
By BAD on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Nissan Axxess XE 3dr Minivan

This "microvan" is labeled "station wagon" by Nissan and is just right for two empty-nesters. Easy to get in and out of, good visibility from the drivers seat, nice handling and adequate power make for a good utility vehicle with just enough room in the back for two week's worth of household trash for the dump. What more can you ask for for under $4,000?