1990 Nissan Axxess - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Axxess model:
Where has this car been all my life!?
By Terry on 07/13/10 22:46 PM (PDT)

1990 Nissan Axxess XE 3dr Minivan

I bought this little car mostly as a favor for a surrogate brother headed for New Zealand. He had owned it for 14 years. I didn't really want this funky looking little Baby SUV. This little beauty was like new in and out and had 83,000 miles on it. I have driven it around Anchorage, Alaska and for short 100 mile trips out of town. I am aghast that I'm becoming very fond of this thing! My buddy Gary, the previous owner, had a near complete overhaul performed due to a timing chain problem. As he was at it he replaced the shocks and brakes and exhaust system. $1700 all told. I get a regular 24 MPG around town and have managed 31 on cruise at 65 MPH. This is a great car!

Best Car Ever !!!!!
By ikiboy on 08/25/06 12:50 PM (PDT)

1990 Nissan Axxess XE 3dr Minivan 4WD

My Nissan Axxess is wonderful. It gets great gas mileage (25 to 34 mpg) has great features, great build quality and overall is fast and fun to drive. My Nissan has been through over 12 car wrecks including rolling over and head on collisions being hit by a semi and it is still running great. It has a great engine and is just wonderful. I"ve had the car for a good 16 years and it has only broken down a few times. Overall Nissan made one heck of a great car and made no mistakes. If you want a reliable safe good car get a Nissan Axxess.

good mini mini-van
By Ringer on 08/17/06 14:10 PM (PDT)

1990 Nissan Axxess SE 3dr Minivan 4WD

I was looking for an AWD wagon with decent fuel economy. This was easy to load groceries, people or dogs. I averaged 25 mpg in town with automatic, after a leak in fuel injectors was fixed. Parts were hard to find, because it was sold in U.S. only 4 years. But it was sold longer in Canada under name: Prairie. There is a yahoo web group for Axxess owners: helps with mechanical questions and finding parts. My vehicle had an electric short somewhere when I bought it. Ceiling light never worked, front power windows worked when they wanted, radio quit. Three alternators in the last 10 months. Mechanic told me to sell it after last alternator was draining battery, on the day it was installed

great purchase
By aash on 11/14/04 13:42 PM (PST)

1990 Nissan Axxess SE 3dr Minivan

Have had this car since new, and it has been the best car purchase I've made. The design of this van has held up well, I never think I'm driving a 15 year old car! Very practical and useful in size and very relialble.

Nearing 300K and hate to switch
By LongCommuter on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Nissan Axxess SE 3dr Minivan

Clean and rustless. A timing tensioner, loose fuelpump connector the only problems. Replaced water pump after mechanic's error.

Great Car!
By Hjh1213 on 06/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Nissan Axxess XE 3dr Minivan

I've owned this car new off the lot, and it has been nothing but reliable and wonderful. I did not have to start making repairs until it was 11 years old. I would highly recommend it for a family car...we have been EVERYWHERE in this car.

Great Car!
By BusyBee on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Nissan Axxess SE 3dr Minivan 4WD

We bought this car brand new from the dealership in Dec.1999. This car has been from MN to NY and back 3 times. Good gas mileage and very comfortable riding. Excellent excelleration. Even my teenage boys say that it has a lot of get up and go for a 4 cylinder minivan. It has only been in the shop 3 times in all the years I have owned it. Mainly exhaust pipe and tail pipe burn throughs. Most recent problem is that the mileage counter has stopped working. But after 169,000 miles, I don't think that's bad. I love this car. It reminds me of that battery bunny advertisement. It keeps going, and going, and going...

Starting to fail
By dinow on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Nissan Axxess XE 3dr Minivan

I have had this car for a long time. Over the last several years many items have started to fail. Alternator, timing chain guides, auto seat belts, rack and pinnion, which caused other front end problems, drive shafts, fuel injectors leaking, A/C head unit and low limit switch, and the list goes on.

good all around vehichle
By james manor on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Nissan Axxess SE 3dr Minivan

this is a nice vehicle it rides great and looks nice. gets good gas milage.

Love this Car - It's Not a Porsche
By jonhb on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Nissan Axxess SE 3dr Minivan

I have driven this car for 11 years now. I have 152,000 miles on the car and just replaced the clutch. THat is it. Get it lubed and oiled every 3,000 - 5,000 miles. Throw what ever I want in the car. Has given me no problems. Has a nice little four banger, gets up to 95 mph on Socal freeways, I am in no hurry so who cares if I haven't cracked a 100mph.