2011 Nissan Armada Consumer Review: Brand new and already needs re

2011 Nissan Armada - Consumer Review

SV 4dr SUV (5.6L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Brand new and already needs repairs/replacements.
By denverdan on

2011 Nissan Armada SV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in an Infiniti FX35 that I never had a single problem with. I needed a vehicle that would tow my new boat and since the Infiniti (Nissan) was so good, I figured that the Armada would be the perfect choice. So far the vehicle has 210 miles on it and I have made a horrible mistake. There is a terrible shake from the steering wheel when the vehicle hits 65mph (I never took it that fast during the test drive). The lift gate doesn't shut tight without slamming it and pushing hard at the same time. I feel like my rear window will shatter some day if I have to keep this up. The driver's side rear view mirror begins vibrating at 40+mph and only gets worse the faster I go.

The vehicle exterior appearance is nice.

I looked at the reviews on tirerack and discounttire for the stock Continental tires and they are worst rated tire on the market. I suspect they may be the whole reason the vehicle handles so poorly at 40+ mph. I can't believe that I am now considering purchasing new tires on a brand new 3-day old vehicle just to be able to drive at highway speeds without feeling like I am behind the wheel of a 30-year-old piece of junk beater.