Used 2011 Nissan Armada SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

2011 Nissan Armada SUV

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Brand new and already needs repairs/replacements.
By denverdan

2011 Nissan Armada SUV SV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in an Infiniti FX35 that I never had a single problem with. I needed a vehicle that would tow my new boat and since the Infiniti (Nissan) was so good, I figured that the Armada would be the perfect choice. So far the vehicle has 210 miles on it and I have made a horrible mistake. There is a terrible shake from the steering wheel when the vehicle hits 65mph (I never took it that fast during the test drive). The lift gate doesn't shut tight without slamming it and pushing hard at the same time. I feel like my rear window will shatter some day if I have to keep this up. The driver's side rear view mirror begins vibrating at 40+mph and only gets worse the faster I go.

Favorite Features

The vehicle exterior appearance is nice.

Suggested Improvements

I looked at the reviews on tirerack and discounttire for the stock Continental tires and they are worst rated tire on the market. I suspect they may be the whole reason the vehicle handles so poorly at 40+ mph. I can't believe that I am now considering purchasing new tires on a brand new 3-day old vehicle just to be able to drive at highway speeds without feeling like I am behind the wheel of a 30-year-old piece of junk beater.

the best ride
By mcummings1

2011 Nissan Armada SUV SL 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

have have had volvos and other expensive cars but this SUV beats them all. Best ride, gas mileage 17.8 right now - hopefully will get to 18 and if not, I am okay with that. We take it to the beach and load it down and it still gets 17.8. Love Nissans!!!!!!

Favorite Features

The driver's package - great add on

Suggested Improvements

None

2011 Armada SL
By matthans

2011 Nissan Armada SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I did a lot of research before buying this vehicle. Bang for your buck you cant find a better large SUV. I went from a Nissan Pathfinder to this Armada because we wanted more room. My wife loves driving it because it sits up high and feels very safe with the kids. Our insurance went down $15/mo because of the size too. Gas mileage isn't good (12-13) no matter how I drive it. Its just a tank, but manuevers very easy. With two young kids and a large dog this truck was everything we wanted and more.

Favorite Features

Some of our favorite features are; DVD, Sunroof, 20" wheels, and most of all the third row that fits adults and folds flat into the floor. Being able to adjust the climate for the kids in the back from the front is nice too. Set up use of the blue tooth was/is very easy.

Suggested Improvements

The SL did not come standard with heated seats or power lift gate. My dealership installed heated seats for no extra charge through best buy. Looks like it came from manufacturer. Still wishing we had a power lift gate, but the gate is still very light and opens and closes easy.

2011 Nissan Armada
By johnchem

2011 Nissan Armada SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent large SUV with a price tag $25K less than the Escalade, Armanda has plenty of power, nice spacious interior. Gas consumption is excellent for large vehicle like this. I am very happy with my Armanda Platinum loaded with every possible option I can imagine. It ride and handle solid

Favorite Features

Exhaust sounds awesome. Comfortable seats Nice instrument cluster and the entertainment setups

Suggested Improvements

None

great vehicle
By gorilla7

2011 Nissan Armada SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

this is the best choice and value in a large suv dont bother with the tahoe or yukon no room on interior, no tow capacity cost 7-10M more for equel equipment expedition = no power, ugly sequoia = toy like dash, no handeling dont knock it till you drive it you must drive this vehicle to really appreciate the luxury

Favorite Features

luxury content, automatic tailgate, key less entry, auto folding third row seats ride, handeling, tow capacity and power the compliments from everyone who looks at it

Suggested Improvements

i would like to see everyone stop complaining about the fuel mileage. if you complain about the fuel mpg you should have bought a leaf, versa or a rouge.