2010 Nissan Armada Consumer Review: The Platinum is not worth the

2010 Nissan Armada SUV - Consumer Review

The Platinum is not worth the $$$
By Art C. on

2010 Nissan Armada Platinum 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am coming from a 2006 Armada, so my expectations were high with the 2010 model. I am disappointed. The main reason I went with Platinum was due to the folding mirror option for my single garage. This needs to be on Titanium models. The instrument cluster was redesigned it the speedometer is off to the right and hard to read. The Sound/Nav system is poorly designed (read below). After 3000 miles, I am hearing sounds out of the chassis when I go over speed bumps -- I put 50K miles on my '06 and never heard that sound before. The transmission also seems to make a more significant "clunk" when it goes in or out of gear. For a $50K+ vehicle, I should get more for my $. 13 mi/gal stinks

Favorite Features

The vehicle looks great and I always get compliments. It has the roomiest 2nd and 3rd rows of any SUV--and I did look at the competition before I bought.

Suggested Improvements

The Navigation is poor--no voice input; cannot enter an address when driving; does not find addresses. The Music Box is difficult to navigate, organize, or delete songs; cannot upload directly from MP3 CD or player. 18 preset stations, but must be organized by FM, AM, XM- allow me to mix and match?