2009 Nissan Armada Consumer Review: Not the best handling SUV on t

2009 Nissan Armada - Consumer Review

LE 4dr SUV (5.6L V8 5-speed Automatic)

Not the best handling SUV on the market.
By BigDaddy on

2009 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the Armada because my unusually tall husband fit into it but we are so disappointed with the way it drives. If you hit a bump in the road the steering wheel practically flies out of your hand and the Armada bounces wherever it wants to go. Scary. Also, for a large vehicle there isn't very much storage so we always seem to be moving things (like the emergency car care kit) all around the vehicle. If you need to use all 3 rows of seats as we frequently do - only a small cargo space remains. I'll drive this one until it dies to get my money's worth (maybe) but I won't buy another and I would advise you to keep on shopping too.

Things I do like: the fact that I can listen to music while my crew watches a movie with headsets in the back, my xm radio, my heated leather seats and heated steering wheel, the remote option to lower the windows (black gets very hot in the sun)

THE HANDLING. It needs a better suspension. Maybe the desire to sell models equipped with bigger tires sacrificed the ride? STORAGE. The handles for the rear doors are up high so my children couldn't reach them for quite some time - that's a blessing or a curse, I guess. A curse for me.