2009 Nissan Armada SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:
Armada
By k9mark on 07/05/12 11:50 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned two Armada's which I loved until the problems arrived. On both Armada's the metal lines for air conditioning for the rear area rusted through. Because it was caused by rust it was not covered by Nissan. Also on both Armada's the rear hatch window leaked. It took three weeks to figure out where it was leaking. The plastic molding for the interior was easy to scratch. On my 2009 with 40,000 miles the power steering hose split. The driver seat had a lot of flex while driving. The front disc brake rotor's warped at 30,000 miles.

Great Value
By wcoates on 01/26/11 18:23 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Armada SUV SE FFV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I was originally looking at a Sequoia but couldn't resist looking at the Armada because of the price. I've put 10K miles on this truck so far and am quite impressed with it. The only issue I've had so far is with steering wheel audio controls not working all the time. Gas mileage could be a little better, as compared to other SUVs in its class, but not a deal breaker for me. Leg room is pretty impressive. Overall I do not regret buying this truck. I love the way it drives and traction control does a pretty good job of minimizing tire slip. I will definitely consider another Armada later down the road.

Best Big SUV Period
By BigBaby on 03/03/10 17:38 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Armada SUV LE FFV 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I traded in our 2007 Armada SE for this 2009 model, and we haven't had a single regret. I never thought a full size SUV like our Armada would be this much fun to drive, but it is. Granted the gas mileage could be a little better, but hey its a small price to pay for all the safety & luxury features it provides. We looked real hard at the Ecalades, Tahoes, and Denalis when we decided that we needed a big SUV, and I can truly say that none these vehicles have anything on our Armada.

Larger than life SUV
By Santiago on 12/13/09 13:18 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Armada SUV LE FFV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After having considered and checked pretty much every single SUV available in the market, we decided to buy our Armada for it's size, amazing interior and comfort(compared to other SUV models. It's worth noting that we were very hard to please considering we're coming from a BMW 645Ci), larger that life engine, large cargo area (can house a bike inside the cargo), and many, many nice features like power tail gate, keyless entry, foldable electrical rear seats, rearview camera, Bose sound system, DVD, bluetooth, etc. Ok, she gives poor mileage but instead, she'll give you a lot of fun with its massive engine and towing capabilities and well, personally, we love her looks. Great purchase!

Big and Fast
By keepemreal on 11/21/09 15:34 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the Armada shortly after I got rid of my Excursion and I have to say I am very pleased. The truck very comfortable and the features are great. I haven't had any problems and would recommend this truck as worth the price.

Not the best handling SUV on the market.
By BigDaddy on 10/13/09 09:12 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the Armada because my unusually tall husband fit into it but we are so disappointed with the way it drives. If you hit a bump in the road the steering wheel practically flies out of your hand and the Armada bounces wherever it wants to go. Scary. Also, for a large vehicle there isn't very much storage so we always seem to be moving things (like the emergency car care kit) all around the vehicle. If you need to use all 3 rows of seats as we frequently do - only a small cargo space remains. I'll drive this one until it dies to get my money's worth (maybe) but I won't buy another and I would advise you to keep on shopping too.

Big, Fast, and Safe
By 7-Footr on 09/02/09 13:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Armada SUV LE FFV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

If you are in the market for a people hauler, then this should definitely be on your list to test drive. I'm 7'1" and I fit in the Armada really good. I had to get one without the sunroof, but that didn't bother me. This is my second Armada and love this one more than the last one. If you live in your car like I do and want a fun, FAST, comfortable, safe vehicle this is it. I know the gas mileage is at best 15 miles to a gallon....but there is a trade off for safety. I was in two accidents with my 2006 Armada and walked away from both of them. To me, safety is worth the low gas mileage. Your friends will be happy you bought an Armada as well, with how comfortable they'll be.

OK truck not better than a Sequoia
By John on 05/13/09 17:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Armada SUV LE FFV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Wanted a Toyota Sequoia but ended up buying this one because of it is 4K cheaper. Never own a SUV before and will never get use to drive a car/truck this big. Yes it has all the creature comfort but it drive like a truck. With gas price moving up again this look like a mistake to get one. If you really need a truck to carry 7 or 8 adult then this is not going to be your first choice. This truck has higher clearance so it is good for offroading...but who will take this 50K machine off road? Before you decide to buy one make sure go take a test drive. Did I mentioned that I felt it was a mistake to bug a truck this big? Maybe it will grow on me. Thus far I'm still driving my 10 yrs old van.

Great truck for the money
By Brian on 04/29/09 07:07 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I never thought I would buy a "full size" SUV, but the Armada is an awesome truck. Great quality, great ride/acceleration. My wife who is 4'11 has no trouble driving, thanks to power adjustable pedals and rearview camera. We got a great deal since we were coming off a lease on our Pathfinder. We bought the Armada instead of leasing again.

2009 LE fully loaded
By Gabriel on 04/11/09 08:41 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We love our new truck, after looking at other SUV's we liked all the options,looks and comfort that the Armada offered, The LE technology package with keyless entry, heated leather seats, heated steering wheel,Nav., DVD player is NICE!!! The cargo area is a nice size with the third row seats folding down flat, plus you can actually have adults seating comfortably on the third row seats compared to some SUV's that only kids can seat, Overall highly satisfied with the Armada, let's hope the fuel price stays low.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Armada Suv in VA is:

$149 per month*