Used 2009 Nissan Armada Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

2009 Nissan Armada LE , 4WD, 5.6L (V8)
By kimber63

2009 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Folks, I have owned my Nissan for over 5 years. It is by far the biggest piece of Nissan crap I have owned. I have had 4 other Nissan's before this one. The air conditioning lines have been replaced twice. Side airbag issue, rear passenger door would not open, rear gate would not open. Two sets of front warped rotors have been replaced over a whopping 42K miles. Power Steering line leaking. All covered under warranty with exception to the brakes. And please put some darn tires on the vehicle. The OEM stuff was junk. Every time the repair work done it took 5 business days due to lack of parts. The truck sits at Nissan dealer more than my house. Thank god I bought the warranty.

Drives nice

Dump NAV system, too complex. Also, work on reliability of the sub-components MSRP was ~ $67K on the vehicle. Oh forgot to mention the gas tank had to be dropped to repair a faulty liquid level sending unit, another week at the garage.

Armada
By k9mark

2009 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned two Armada's which I loved until the problems arrived. On both Armada's the metal lines for air conditioning for the rear area rusted through. Because it was caused by rust it was not covered by Nissan. Also on both Armada's the rear hatch window leaked. It took three weeks to figure out where it was leaking. The plastic molding for the interior was easy to scratch. On my 2009 with 40,000 miles the power steering hose split. The driver seat had a lot of flex while driving. The front disc brake rotor's warped at 30,000 miles.

The power of the engine is great. The view while driving is excellent. Third row seats had enough leg room for an adult to ride very comfortable. Heated seats and steering wheel for the winter.

Great Value
By wcoates

2009 Nissan Armada SE FFV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I was originally looking at a Sequoia but couldn't resist looking at the Armada because of the price. I've put 10K miles on this truck so far and am quite impressed with it. The only issue I've had so far is with steering wheel audio controls not working all the time. Gas mileage could be a little better, as compared to other SUVs in its class, but not a deal breaker for me. Leg room is pretty impressive. Overall I do not regret buying this truck. I love the way it drives and traction control does a pretty good job of minimizing tire slip. I will definitely consider another Armada later down the road.

Love the Bose sound system and adjustable pedals. The rear-view camera sees better in the dark than my wife's Toyota Tundra. Tire pressure monitor is viewable within the settings in the display, so you know if a tire is getting low even if it's not that visually apparent. I like not having to take my keys out of my pocket to start the vehicle or lock/unlock the doors.

Tire pressure monitor doesn't indicate which tire is which. It just lists out four tires with their respective tire pressures. The head rests seem cheap and in an accident don't appear to be strong enough to keep someone's head from snapping back. Kind of a big deal to me.

Best Big SUV Period
By BigBaby

2009 Nissan Armada LE FFV 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I traded in our 2007 Armada SE for this 2009 model, and we haven't had a single regret. I never thought a full size SUV like our Armada would be this much fun to drive, but it is. Granted the gas mileage could be a little better, but hey its a small price to pay for all the safety & luxury features it provides. We looked real hard at the Ecalades, Tahoes, and Denalis when we decided that we needed a big SUV, and I can truly say that none these vehicles have anything on our Armada.

Roomy interior, Bose/Musicbox with subwoofer entertainment system, DVD, rear camera, power lift gate and third row seats.

Better gas mileage of course, adjustable time delay feature to turn off lights, and a delayed power off feature when engine is turned off.

Larger than life SUV
By Santiago

2009 Nissan Armada LE FFV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After having considered and checked pretty much every single SUV available in the market, we decided to buy our Armada for it's size, amazing interior and comfort(compared to other SUV models. It's worth noting that we were very hard to please considering we're coming from a BMW 645Ci), larger that life engine, large cargo area (can house a bike inside the cargo), and many, many nice features like power tail gate, keyless entry, foldable electrical rear seats, rearview camera, Bose sound system, DVD, bluetooth, etc. Ok, she gives poor mileage but instead, she'll give you a lot of fun with its massive engine and towing capabilities and well, personally, we love her looks. Great purchase!

Powerful engine, luxurious interior, powered tail gate and rear seats, keyless entry, adjustable pedals, climate control, DVD,

The leather quality could be better and also, I'd include a cooling system for the front seats like the one in the Chevrolet Suburban. This is very helpful in hot climate countries like the one where i live in. The GPS should receive inputs while driving.