2008 Nissan Armada Consumer Review: Best full size SUV

2008 Nissan Armada - Consumer Review

SE 4dr SUV (5.6L V8 FFV 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Best full size SUV
By Jessica Woods on

2008 Nissan Armada SE FFV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Had an Expedition and decided to go smaller so I went with a BMW X5. What was I thinking? Had the BMW literally for 10 months and researched full size SUVs. The powerful Armada has been hands down the best SUV that I have ever driven. It's driving performance is incomparable to any other ride out there. My Expedition had a ridiculous amount of play in the steering wheel and such a narrow wheel base that I felt as if I would flip over. With the Armada you get an extra wide wheel base and can turn on a dime. I thought that parking this beast might be an issue but watching my passengers freak out when I whip into a parking space without any problems is a great testimony to its control.

Rear camera great for hooking up the boat trailer. Love the power lift gate and auto sensors. Amazing towing capacity and power. Towed our boat (a 6,000 lb Wellcraft cabin cruiser) 300 miles and couldn't even tell it was behind us.

None! Fuel economy??? You don't buy a large and powerful all mighty V8 for fuel economy!