2008 Nissan Armada SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:
Love my 08 want a 2010
By RECHELLE on 08/01/10 10:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love my 08 armada, went from a 06 Toyota 4-runner to the armada for more room, 3rd row seating, & better ride. Discovered that it drove a lot better by 100%. We had no children at the time of purchase but had 3 dogs. Great family vehicle for evacuations from Louisiana & vacations, dogs love it. Didn't buy extended warranty at time of purchase because wasn't sure if I'd be satisfied & keep it past 3 years/36,000 mile warranty. Now after 2 years & 4 months & over 31,000 miles with now 4 dogs & 1st baby on the way any day now I'm ready for a 2010 with extended warranty this time. We looked at the Yukon & Tahoe but the seats don't fold down into the floor to make the back completely even.

If Only...
By Audrey on 03/30/09 06:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have huge mixed feelings about the Nissan product. I love the styling and the power, but there is no doubt about it, my Armada is a piece of crap. It must have been built on a Friday when everyone wanted to go home. Within the 1st year of ownership, the brakes squealed horrendously, the radiator had to be replaced because it was cracked, the rearview mirrors would not adjust upward, the transmission would shift roughly, the steering would shake while braking, and the list goes on. It took 6 trips to the dealership to finally convince them the radiator needed replaced. Now, there is a loud rattle when accelerating, the car needs a front- end alignment, and I'm stuck because of the economy

Awesome SUV
By Peppershaker on 10/18/08 07:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We bought this last week and we traded in a 1997 Nissan Quest with 135000 miles and never had it in the shop so we bought another Nissan product. This truck is the bomb and it gets 16.5 with a K&N air filter around town and 19.5 on the hwy, so if your looking for a great big SUV this is the Truck. Our old van only got 16 in city and 21 on the hwy so there's not much difference in the fuel economy, and the power is awesome with the 5.6 liter V-8 engine.

Awsome SUV
By peppershaker on 10/12/08 19:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this used with the intention to buy a new Chevy SUV, but after owning an Altima for 8 years and putting 175000 miles with no problems. I had to test drive the Armada so we did and liked it much better than the Chevy Tahoe. I have three kids and they have all the room in the world to move around and we are getting ready to buy a new camper so the towing cap. was very important to us. We get about 15 miles to a gal in the city with the k&n filter in it . We love this SUV. If you're looking for a dependable truck this is it. We will drive this one for ten years and put 200000 miles before we need to buy another.

Nice design
By rmada on 06/06/08 10:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I had a 2005 Armada which I liked but wanted leather and dvd player. traded for the 08 model and the ride is much better. The interior is redesigned and more comfortable. Only real problem is the gas mileage, but it's only a family hauler and it doesn't get driven as much.

Hardcore
By William on 12/11/07 11:26 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned nissans for years. I owned an 04 Armada and loved it. I purchased my 08 and love the new dash and interior. The new truck is a smoother ride than the 04, but I liked the stiffness of the 04 when it comes to hard cornering. The power lift gate is the bomb!!! I had 60K on my 04 without any major problems. Great improvement on the seat support.

Love the 08 Armada
By mike on 11/05/07 10:30 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We have only owned the 2008 Armada for a couple of days, but we love it. Yes the fuel economy isn't the best, but I think it is worth it to put my children into larger safer vehicle. You could buy a smaller SUV that will get about 20 MPG as compared to the Armada (that averages 13 MPG). I drive about 15,000 miles a year and only pay about an average of 100 per month more then I would with a smaller SUV. I have a lot of room and it is very comfortable. A real head turner. Beautiful design.

My New Armada
By tsawife on 07/29/07 18:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We love our new Armada!! We have only had it a few days but so far it is the most smooth, comfortable ride. I traded my Isuzu Ascender (which I loved by the way) and was a bit unsure that the Armada could live up to the expectations that I had. Once my husband and I, who are both very tall, sat in the middle and back seats, we were sold. It is so roomy and comfortable to ride in and to drive. It doesn't have the best gas mileage but luckily I work very close to home and all the room makes up for it. My 2 sons love that feature also, as they can each have their own row of seats with lots of room and they feel very safe riding in it. I hope we love it as much in 5 years as we do today!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.