Used 2008 Nissan Armada SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Armada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Love my 08 want a 2010
By RECHELLE

2008 Nissan Armada SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love my 08 armada, went from a 06 Toyota 4-runner to the armada for more room, 3rd row seating, & better ride. Discovered that it drove a lot better by 100%. We had no children at the time of purchase but had 3 dogs. Great family vehicle for evacuations from Louisiana & vacations, dogs love it. Didn't buy extended warranty at time of purchase because wasn't sure if I'd be satisfied & keep it past 3 years/36,000 mile warranty. Now after 2 years & 4 months & over 31,000 miles with now 4 dogs & 1st baby on the way any day now I'm ready for a 2010 with extended warranty this time. We looked at the Yukon & Tahoe but the seats don't fold down into the floor to make the back completely even.

My favorite features are the backup camera, rear entertainment system, & the adjustable pedal. Never to close to steering wheel great now that I'm pregnant.

The gas mileage could improve but it's worth it because of the space & comfort it brings for being as big as it is. I would also like the back to be extended like a Suburban or Yukon XL just for the extra room behind 3rd row seats for luggage or grocery shopping.

If Only...
By Audrey

2008 Nissan Armada SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have huge mixed feelings about the Nissan product. I love the styling and the power, but there is no doubt about it, my Armada is a piece of crap. It must have been built on a Friday when everyone wanted to go home. Within the 1st year of ownership, the brakes squealed horrendously, the radiator had to be replaced because it was cracked, the rearview mirrors would not adjust upward, the transmission would shift roughly, the steering would shake while braking, and the list goes on. It took 6 trips to the dealership to finally convince them the radiator needed replaced. Now, there is a loud rattle when accelerating, the car needs a front- end alignment, and I'm stuck because of the economy

The styling and power. I love the liftgate and back up camera.

Better quality construction.

Awesome SUV
By Peppershaker

2008 Nissan Armada SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We bought this last week and we traded in a 1997 Nissan Quest with 135000 miles and never had it in the shop so we bought another Nissan product. This truck is the bomb and it gets 16.5 with a K&N air filter around town and 19.5 on the hwy, so if your looking for a great big SUV this is the Truck. Our old van only got 16 in city and 21 on the hwy so there's not much difference in the fuel economy, and the power is awesome with the 5.6 liter V-8 engine.

The info center is nice and the room for eight with three kids is great.

They should make it standard with the DVD system.

Awsome SUV
By peppershaker

2008 Nissan Armada SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this used with the intention to buy a new Chevy SUV, but after owning an Altima for 8 years and putting 175000 miles with no problems. I had to test drive the Armada so we did and liked it much better than the Chevy Tahoe. I have three kids and they have all the room in the world to move around and we are getting ready to buy a new camper so the towing cap. was very important to us. We get about 15 miles to a gal in the city with the k&n filter in it . We love this SUV. If you're looking for a dependable truck this is it. We will drive this one for ten years and put 200000 miles before we need to buy another.

The information center, the room that it has and towing cap. 9100 lbs.

They should put a DVD in standard.

Nice design
By rmada

2008 Nissan Armada SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I had a 2005 Armada which I liked but wanted leather and dvd player. traded for the 08 model and the ride is much better. The interior is redesigned and more comfortable. Only real problem is the gas mileage, but it's only a family hauler and it doesn't get driven as much.

Exterior and ride